January 1 – June 30, 2016
The second quarter in figures
- Total net sales amounted to TSEK 1,855 (918).
- The loss after tax amounted to TSEK 14,468 (10,939).
- The loss per share amounted to SEK 1.75 (1.80).
- The cash flow from current operations was negative in the amount of TSEK 13,112 (13,858).
- Significant margin improvement with gross margin increasing to 30.1% in Q2 (-34.5% Q2 15).
The first half-year in figures
- Total net sales amounted to TSEK 2,921 (1,975).
- The loss after tax amounted to TSEK 26,068 (20,118).
- The loss per share amounted to SEK 3.15 (3.63).
- The cash flow from current operations was negative in the amount of TSEK 24,359 (23,055).
- Significant margin improvement with gross margin increasing to 28.7% (-14.6%).
Important events during the quarter
- Record growth in key market Germany with total sales up 124% and electrode sales volume up 212%.
- SciBase will insource the strategically important production of the disposable electrode from Ginolis. The companies have mutually agreed to transfer the manufacturing to SciBase when Ginolis AB has completed the next milestone in the stepwise automation of the production process.
- As part of the Nevisense PMA-process, a series of inspections were carried out by the US FDA with good results.
- The AGM was held on May 16, 2016.
- SciBase participated in the Euromelanoma week May 9-13, a European initiative to highlight skin-cancer.
- On April 25th, the Annual Report for 2015 was published.
Important events after the end of the period
A milestone was passed when the hundredth clinic in Germany installed a Nevisense device.
|Jul 1 2015 -|
|Apr 1 - June 30||Jan 1 - June 30||Jun 30 2016||Jan 1-Dec 31|
|Net sales, SEK ths||1 855||918||2 921||1 975||5 097||4 151|
|Gross margin, %||30,1%||-34,5%||28,7%||-14,6%||24,1%||2,5%|
|Equity/Asset ratio, %||92,7%||91,4%||92,7%||91,4%||92,7%||95,1%|
|Net indebtness, multiple||0,08||0,09||0,08||0,09||0,08||0,05|
|Cash equivalents, SEK ths||108 786||165 595||108 786||165 595||108 786||133 736|
|Cashflow from operating activities, SEK ths||-13 112||-13 858||-24 359||-23 055||-47 892||-46 588|
|Earnings per share (before and after dilution), SEK*||-1,75||-1,80||-3,15||-3,63||-5,73||-6,01|
|Shareholder's equity per share, SEK*||14,45||27,41||14,45||30,13||14,45||21,09|
|Average number of shares, 000'*||8 285||6 085||8 285||5 535||8 285||6 910|
|Number of shares at closing of period, 000'*||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285|
|Share price at end of period, SEK||17,20||43,00||17,20||43,00||17,20||31,00|
|Average number of employees||19||13||19||14||15||14|
|*Adjusted for in May 2015 performed reversed split, 40:1|
For further information please contact:
Simon Grant, CEO, tele : 46 72 887 43 99
Michael Colérus, CFO, tele : 46 70 341 34 72
About SciBase and Nevisense
SciBase AB is a Swedish medical technology company, headquartered in Stockholm that has developed a unique point-of-care device for the accurate detection of malignant melanoma. Its product, Nevisense, helps doctors to detect malignant melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer. SciBase was founded by Stig Ollmar, Associate Professor at The Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. Nevisense is based on substantial research and has achieved excellent results in the largest clinical study ever conducted on the detection of malignant melanoma. Nevisense is CE marked in Europe, has TGA approval in Australia, and is awaiting FDA clearance in the United States. Nevisense is based on a method called Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS), which uses the varying electrical properties of human tissue to categorize cellular structures and thereby detect malignancies. SciBase is listed on Nasdaq First North (“SCIB”). Avanza is the certified advisor. Further information is available on www.scibase.com.
Michael Colérus, CFO
This information is information that SciBase Holding AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 CET on August 19, 2016.