January 1 – June 30, 2017
The second quarter in figures
- Net sales amounted to TSEK 2,046 (1,855).
- The loss after tax amounted to TSEK 11,746 (14,468).
- The loss per share amounted to SEK 1.42 (1.75).
- The cash flow from current operations was negative in the amount of TSEK 11,044 (13,112).
- The gross margin in the period was 34.2% (30.1%).
The first 6 months in figures
- Net sales amounted to TSEK 3,801 (2,921).
- The loss after tax amounted to TSEK 23,358 (26,068).
- The loss per share amounted to SEK 2.82 (3.15).
- The cash flow from current operations was negative in the amount of TSEK 23,025 (24,359).
- The gross margin in the period was 30.6% (28.7%).
Important events during the quarter
- In June the Company announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had approved SciBase’s Pre-market Approval (PMA) for its product Nevisense.
- The Australian study previously presented at the World Congress of Cancers of the Skin showing that Nevisense can detect malignant melanoma three months earlier in follow-up cases and reduce the need for follow-up by nearly half, was published in the British Journal of Dermatology (BJD).
- At the 2017 AGM held on May 16th, three new members of the Board were elected strengthening the commercial experience of the Board in Germany and the US.
- SciBase was granted a US patent for the electrode design.
- David Melin was appointed as new Head of Product Development.
- SciBase relocated from central Stockholm to Sundbyberg (a suburb to Stockholm).
Important events after the end of the period
- At the British Association of Dermatologist’s annual meeting in July a new study from Southampton University Hospital was presented showing Nevisense’s potential to help clinicians detect melanomas that otherwise could have been missed.
|July 1 2016 -|
|Apr 1 - Jun 30||Jan 1 - Jun 30||June 30 2017||Jan 1 - Dec 31|
|Net sales, SEK ths||2 046||1 855||3 801||2 921||7 316||6 436|
|Gross margin, %||34,2%||30,1%||30,6%||28,7%||34,8%||34,5%|
|Equity/Asset ratio, %||87,2%||92,7%||87,2%||92,7%||87,2%||90,8%|
|Net indebtness, multiple||0,15||0,08||0,15||0,08||0,15||0,10|
|Cash equivalents, SEK ths||60 974||108 786||60 974||108 786||60 974||84 955|
|Cashflow from operating activities, SEK ths||-11 044||-13 112||-23 025||-24 359||-46 516||-47 850|
|Earnings per share (before and after dilution), SEK||-1,42||-1,75||-2,82||-3,15||-6,08||-6,41|
|Shareholder's equity per share, SEK||8,38||14,45||8,38||14,45||8,38||11,19|
|Average number of shares, 000'||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285|
|Number of shares at closing of period, 000'||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285|
|Share price at end of period, SEK||23,40||17,20||23,40||17,20||23,40||19,00|
|Average number of employees||21||19||22||19||22||21|
This information is information that SciBase Holding AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 08.00 CET on August18, 2017.
Simon Grant, CEO, tel: +46 72 887 43 99 , simon.grant@SciBase.com
Michael Colérus, CFO, tel: +46 70 341 34 72, michael.colérus@SciBase.com
About SciBase and Nevisense
SciBase AB is a Swedish medical technology company, headquartered in Stockholm that has developed a unique point-of-care device for the accurate detection of malignant melanoma. Its product, Nevisense, helps doctors to detect malignant melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer. SciBase was founded by Stig Ollmar, Associate Professor at The Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. Nevisense is based on substantial research and has achieved excellent results in the largest clinical study ever conducted on the detection of malignant melanoma. Nevisense is CE marked in Europe, has TGA approval in Australia, and now also a FDA clearance in the United States. Nevisense is based on a method called Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS), which uses the varying electrical properties of human tissue to categorize cellular structures and thereby detect malignancies. SciBase is listed on Nasdaq First North (“SCIB”). Avanza is the certified advisor. Further information is available on www.scibase.com.