10 Fast Money Saving Tips
10 Fast Money Saving Tips
As households across the UK struggle with excessive debts, leading prepaid credit card website, www.compareprepaid.co.uk
offers their top 10 fast money saving tips.
Ranging from taking a packed lunch to work to stopping smoking and riding a bike, Compare Pre Paid’s fast, easy-to-follow 10 money saving tips are designed to be easy to do and leave Brits with more cash in their pockets.
Raffick Marday of Compareprepaid.co.uk explains;
“Everyone is feeling the financial strain at the moment, which is why we have put together these top 10 money saving tips that will help our customers save money. On their own they can be just small changes, but if undertaken together – all in one go – the savings are likely to be great and will be noticeable by most households.
“One of the easiest ways to save money is to reduce your spending on your credit card to repay your debts.
“More and more Brits are cutting back on the credit card debts and are opting instead for a prepaid credit card, which gives them all the flexibility of a credit card, but greater control on their finances as you can only spend the money you have preloaded onto a prepaid credit card.
“Anyone looking to cut back on their spending should choose one, now.”
Top 10 Fast Money Saving Tips from www.compareprepaid.co.uk
1. Take a sandwich to work. Even if you only spend £5 a day (and if you add up all the extra snacks and coffees honestly it’s more likely to be double that), that’s £100 a month and a massive £1,200 a year. In six years, that could buy you a new car!
2. Cycle to work. Or get off the bus or train one stop early and walk. Not only will you save cash, but you’ll also get loads of exercise, completely free.
3. Drink at Home: One night a week, swap your glass of wine at the pub for a couple at home with friends.
4. Don’t buy lottery tickets. Just face it – it won’t be you! Instead, put the money you would have spent into paying off a debt, or a piggy bank, and save for a rainy day.
5. Ditch the Credit Card in Favour of a Prepaid Credit Card: It will help you budget more effectively as you can only spend the money you have.
6. Sell your unwanted items on eBay. Everyone has a stash of clothes they never wear and products they have never used, and you could make a killing selling yours. Just make sure you don’t get sidetracked buying yet more unwanted items.
7. Book in Advance to Save: It’s not just holidays that are cheaper if you book them in advance. You can get great cut-price deals on theatre tickets and theme parks if you hunt around on websites on travel booking websites.
8. Stop Smoking. Besides feeling and looking better, if you usually smoke 20 a day you’ll also save a whopping £2,372.50 a year.
9. Magazine Subscriptions: If, and only if, you read a magazine every month without fail, subscribing will save you a lot of cash off the cover price. Look around for the best deal – they are usually offered inside the magazine rather than from another source.
10. Slow Down when Buying: Don’t buy clothes in the hope they’ll fit you soon. Unless you are doing some marathon training, the chances are, they wont. You’ll end up with a pile of expensive clothes that are completely useless.
Raffick Marday is available for comment on all Credit Card and Prepaid Credit Card products, industry trends and consumer issues.
Please contact Dale Lovell, Search News Media for more information.
Tel: 01753 859 588 / 0779 1414 681 or email:
to arrange an interview.
Compare Prepaid is the leading comparison site which provides information, reviews and news on prepaid cards, credit cards and bank accounts available in the UK. Visit: www.compareprepaid.co.uk
for more information.