Focus on higher profitability on Sectra’s Capital Market Day
Today, IT and medical technology company Sectra (STO: SECT B) organized a Capital Market Day at the Center for Medical Image Science and Visualization (CMIV) in Linköping. Sectra is one of the initiators of the center, which received major international attention for its research in medical visualization. Profit growth, new research projects and a new organization were some of the topics presented.
Sectra is positioned in the niches for medical IT and secure communication; markets that have long-term growth potential. The company’s expansive international customer base, combined with investments in research and development, as well as innovations in the areas of orthopedics, osteoporosis and medical education will contribute to Sectra’s continued expansion.
“Increasing the Group’s operating profit is our highest priority; our long-term profitability target is 15%. Through structural changes, focused expansion and internal streamlining, we have increased operating profit from SEK 22 million to SEK 95 million in two years, corresponding to an operating margin of 11%,” says Torbjörn Kronander, President and CEO of Sectra AB.
The following presentations (speech in Swedish) from the Capital Market Day are now available on Sectra’s website under Investor relations/Financial presentations:
- Sectra’s nine-month report by Sectra’s President and CEO Torbjörn Kronander.
- Profit growth through focused expansion by Torbjörn Kronander.
- New products for secure mobile communication by Michael Bertilsson, President of Sectra’s Secure Communication Systems business area.
- Expanding with production-oriented healthcare providers and hospital chains by Marie Ekström, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Sectra’s Radiology IT business line.
- Research that lays the foundation for long-term growth by Claes Lundström, Research Director at Sectra’s Medical Systems business area.
For more information, please contact:
Torbjörn Kronander, President and CEO, Sectra AB, tel: +46 (0)705 23 52 27
Sectra’s most recent interim report: Sectra’s nine-month report
Press images: flickr.com/photos/sectramedicalsystems
About the Sectra Group
Sectra was founded in 1978 and has its roots in Linköping University in Sweden. The company’s business operation includes cutting-edge products and services within the niche segments of medical IT and secure communication. Sectra has offices in 12 countries and operates through partners worldwide. Sales in the 2011/2012 fiscal year totaled SEK 823 million. The Sectra share is quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm exchange. For more information, visit www.sectra.com.