Nine Month Report, January – September 2014
January-September 2014 compared to January-September 2013
- Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 105.3 billion (86.5); adjusted for currency effects, order bookings increased by 19 percent.
- The order backlog amounted to SEK 159.5 billion (Jun. 30, 2014: 151.4); adjusted for currency effects, the orderbacklog increased by 1 percent.
- Following the winding down of the E&C part, the decision has been made to divest the O&M part of the Latin American operation. The Latin American operation will be reported in Central going forward.
- Operating income was in line with the comparison period and amounted to SEK 3.5 billion (3.5). This included writedowns and restructuring provisions in the Latin American operation of SEK 0.7 billion, of which SEK 0.2 billion in the third quarter.
- Operating income in Construction increased by 20 percent compared to the first nine months 2013.
- Revenue increased by 4 percent and amounted to SEK 101.6 billion (97.6); adjusted for currency effects, revenue increased by 3 percent.
- Sales of commercial properties amounted to SEK 5.3 billion (3.6).
- Investments in development operations totaled SEK –10.3 billion (–8.0).
- Total net investments amounted to SEK 1.8 billion (2.2).
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –1.3 billion (–0.6).
- Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 2.8 billion (Jun. 30, 2014: 0.8).
- Earnings per share (EPS) increased by 1 percent to SEK 5.85 (5.81).
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on November 7. The telephone conference will be audiocasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 2033 645 374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Peter Wallin, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
Magnus Persson, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 6429
Katarina Grönwall, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8877
Edvard Lind, Group Press Officer, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8808
Skanska AB may be required to disclose the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordic region, the rest of Europe and the U.S. Supported by global trends in urbanization, demography and energy, as well as a focus on green construction, ethics, working environment and health, Skanska offers competitive solutions in the most complex assignments. The business model generates value for Skanska’s shareholders through the collaboration of the Construction and Project Development business streams.