Nine month report, January-September 2012
January-September 2012 compared to January-September 2011
- Order bookings increased 7 percent to SEK 88.1 billion (82.6), order bookings were 4 percent higher than revenues during the 12 months ending September 30.
- Order backlog was stable and amounted to to SEK 148.7 billion (147.5).
- Construction revenues rose 11 percent and amounted to SEK 90.3 billion (81.7).
- Operating income from continuing operations amounted to SEK 3.2 billion (3.3). This excludes the restructuring costs of SEK 380 M in Residential Development and, in the comparative period, the capital gain of SEK 4.5 billion from the sale of the Autopista Central in Chile.
- The operating margin in Construction totaled 2.9 percent (3.3).
- Operating cash flow amounted to SEK –3,831 M (–3,674, excluding the cash flow of SEK 5.4 billion from the sale of the Autopista Central in the comparative period).
- Investments in development operations increased by 21 percent to SEK –10,014 M (–8,262).
- Total net investments amounted to SEK –2,772 M (–5,054, excluding the sale of Autopista Central in the comparative period).
- Operating net financial assets amounted to SEK 2.1 billion (7.9).
This report will also be presented at a telephone conference and webbcast at 2:00 p.m. (14:00 CET) on November 8. The telephone conference will be audiocasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will be available later as well. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 598 53, +44 203 043 2436, or +1 866 458 4087.
For further information, please contact:
Peter Wallin, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1120
Pontus Winqvist, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8851
Katarina Grönwall, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8877
Edvard Lind, Group Press Officer, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8808
This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
Skanska AB may be required to disclose the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act.
Throughout 125 years, Skanska has been a modern and innovative developer and contractor, building what society needs. Today, Skanska is one of the world’s leading project development and construction groups with expertise in construction, development of commercial and residential projects and public-private partnerships. Based on its global green experience, Skanska aims to be the clients' first choice for Green solutions. The Group currently has 53,000 employees in selected home markets in Europe, in the US and Latin America. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, Skanska's sales in 2011 totaled SEK 123 billion.