Six month report, January–June 2017
January-June 2017 compared to January-June 2016
• Revenue amounted to SEK 79.1 billion (72.5); adjusted for currency effects, revenue increased 6 percent.
• Operating income amounted to SEK 3.3 billion (3.6); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 10 percent.
• Earnings per share increased by 7 percent to SEK 7.35 (6.89).
• Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –0.3 billion (–1.9).
• Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 7.4 billion (March 31, 2017: 12.6).
• Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 84.5 billion (84.2); adjusted for currency effects, order bookings decreased by 3 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 202.2 billion (March 31, 2017: 200.8).
• Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 0.5 billion (1.3), corresponding to an operating margin of 0.7 percent (2.1); adjusted for currency operating income decreased 63 percent. Project write downs taken in the U.S. civil and UK operations affected the operating income by SEK 420 M and SEK 360 M respectively.
• Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 3.3 billion (2.7); adjusted for currency effects operating income increased by 20 percent.
• Return on capital employed in Project Development was 16.5 percent (15.9).
• Net investments in Project Development amounted to SEK –0.2 billion (1.4).
This report will also be presented via a press conference and audiocast at 10.00 a.m. (CET) on July 20. The telephone conference will be audiocasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 2033 645 374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Peter Wallin, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Katarina Grönwall, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8877
Edvard Lind, Group Press Officer, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8808
The information provided herein is such as Skanska AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU market securities act (EU) no. 596/2014.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordic region, other European countries and North America. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.