Three month report, January-March 2017
January-March 2017 compared to January-March 2016
- Revenue amounted to SEK 34.2 billion (35.3); adjusted for currency effects, revenue decreased 5 percent.
- Operating income decreased by 6 percent and amounted to SEK 1,849 M (1,969); no currency effects.
- Earnings per share increased by 6 percent to SEK 3.90 (3.69).
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 1.6 billion (–3.4).
- Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 12.6 billion (Dec. 31, 2016: 10.6).
- Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 38.2 billion (30.3); adjusted for currency effects, order bookings increased by 23 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 200.8 billion (Dec. 31, 2016: 196.3).
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 392 M (442), corresponding to an operating margin of 1.2 percent (1.5); operating income decreased by 11 percent, no currency effects.
- Operating income in Project Development decreased by 5 percent and amounted to SEK 1,656 M (1,744); no currency effects.
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 15.9 percent (15.8).
- Net divestments in Project Development amounted to SEK 0.7 billion (–1.6).
This report will also be presented via a press conference and webcast at 10.00 a.m. (CET) on May 5. The press conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors , where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 2033 645 374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors .
For further information, please contact:
Peter Wallin, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Katarina Grönwall, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8877
Edvard Lind, Group Press Officer, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8808
The information provided herein is such as Skanska AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU market securities act (EU) no. 596/2014.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordic region, other European countries and North America. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.