snom IP Phones Deliver Out-of-the-Box Provisioning Speeds and Simplify Microsoft Lync Voice Deployments
snom 7xx series and snom 821 UC edition phones now offer seamless, out-of-the-box configuration with Lync server directly from the phone for fast, plug-and-play provisioning; snom also introduces integration and features for snom standards-based SIP phones compatible and qualified for enterprise Lync deployments, including enhanced Better Together and 802.1x authentication
Berlin and London, UK (21 March, 2013) – snom technology AG, a leading developer and vendor of IP business phones, announced today new auto-configuration capabilities for its snom UC edition 7xx series and snom 821 business phones, designed to simplify and speed Microsoft Lync deployments in the enterprise.
The snom 7xx series and snom 821 UC edition phones feature new base firmware that enables the phones to natively connect to the Lync server for out-of-the box configuration, enabling fast and streamlined provisioning for these SIP-based phones in multi-site enterprise Microsoft Lync environments.
“snom continues to find new ways to simplify Lync with Voice deployments by improving connectivity and compatibility of standards-based snom UC edition phones,” said Dr. Michael Knieling, COO, snom technology AG. “We’re the first standards-based Lync-qualified phones to offer plug-and-play integration with Lync, taking our product portfolio a step beyond other market options. Our easy configuration process and new features will continue to address critical Lync Voice requirements in enterprise businesses.”
The snom 7xx series – featuring the snom 710, 720 and 760 IP phones – and the snom 821 all employ the company’s Apollo firmware and have passed the Microsoft Compatible Devices Program’s rigorous testing process for full qualification and certification with Lync. The snom UC edition portfolio offers businesses a wide range of phones covering any deployment requirement – from factory floor and lobby models to executive desktop devices.
- The snom 7xx series – snom 760, 720 and 710 IP Phones: The new snom 7xx series of Lync-qualified phones offers businesses three models of affordable, full-featured IP phones: the advanced executive snom 760 UC edition desktop phone for senior managers and knowledge workers, featuring excellent audio, PBX-style keys and rich visual information; the snom 720 UC edition IP multi-purpose manager-level desktop phone, also offering advanced audio and rich visuals; and the snom 710 UC edition, a general office phone for the cubicle workforce, appropriate for small or large-scale deployments in a multitude of business scenarios. All phones feature a sleek, ergonomic design, support for high definition wideband voice, programmable function keys and an intuitive user interface with integrated Lync features.
- snom 821 IP Phone: The snom 821 UC edition desktop phone is an advanced IP desktop model for the executive or knowledge worker. It features a sleek and elegant design, high resolution colour display and advanced presence features integrated with call history and the contact list.
New Level of Lync Compatibility & Integration
snom also revealed support for several enhanced Lync features for its snom UC edition phones, now in an advanced development stage and set for release in the coming months.
- Enhanced Better Together: Deeper integration and support for Lync collaboration and calling features, including Click to Call.
- 802.1x Authentication: Robust, wired endpoint security for Lync with voice deployments.
- Lync Conference User Interface: Enhanced, seamless user experience for joining and participating in Lync web conferences, using snom UC edition phones.
Select snom UC edition models feature a combination of Lync’s most advanced features, including the ability to add multiple people to an existing call, Boss/Admin, Call Park, Music on Hold, search capabilities for global and Lync contacts and call transfer capabilities to mobile phones. All models offer easy configuration with PIN authentication and manageability features that include automatic updates.
“snom’s endpoint out-of-the-box provisioning provides a huge benefit to businesses and Microsoft Partners, who will value plug-and-play configuration from the phone to Lync server infrastructure,” added Knieling “snom’s standards-based SIP Lync-qualified phones continue to raise the bar, offering the same high quality Lync compatibility, features and integration as comparable Lync-compatible endpoints, but at a far more affordable price.”
- # # # -
Founded in 1996, snom technology AG develops and manufactures VoIP telephones and related equipment based on the IETF open standard, SIP (Session Initiation Protocol). Recognised for its high-quality, customisable and cost-effective business phones, snom is also differentiated by the company’s history in the VoIP industry and its dedication to high security standards. All of snom’s products are designed to be fully interoperable with leading communications equipment vendors. snom customers and partners benefit from the interoperability and flexibility that snom telephones offer, including plug-and-play integration and universal compatibility with standards-based SIP VoIP platforms, applications or services. In September 2011, the snom 300 and snom 821 became the first SIP phones to achieve “Qualified for Microsoft Lync” status – Microsoft’s top distinction for fully-tested interoperability and compatibility with Microsoft Lync. snom’s leadership continues today, based on its six-phone UC edition portfolio – the industry’s largest and most extensive family of standards-based business phones qualified for Microsoft Lync enterprise environments.
snom technology AG is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with offices in Italy, France, the UK and the U.S. that support a global network of channel partners in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. For more information, visit www.snom.com.
snom – UK
246 High Holborn
London WC1V 7EX
+44 (0) 20 7242 8867
snom – Global
snom technology AG