Legionnaire’s Outbreak Lawsuit Filed against Marriott
Marriott International faces a wrongful death lawsuit by the family of a Florida man who contracted Legionnaire’s disease during his stay at its Chicago hotel and later died.
NBC Chicago reports that the man was one of the three people who died after contracting Legionnaire’s disease during a stay at the JW Marriott Chicago hotel. The symptoms of the disease include headache, high fever, and chills that increase by the second or third day to include a cough, chest pain, and shortness of breath.
The lawsuit claims the man was exposed to Legionella bacteria from the mist of contaminated water used in the main fountain in the hotel lobby.
The suit claims that the hotel did not pay attention to the proper maintenance of the hotel’s fountain and did not warn visitors to avoid inhaling the infected vapors. The plaintiffs allege that the hotel should have known about the presence of the bacteria in the water and should have exercised necessary precautions to prevent the outbreak.
If you or a loved one has experienced a personal injury, contact Sokolove Law today for a free consultation and to find out if a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you.