Fight for Freedom and Steal What You Can Through the Underbelly of Hitler’s Third Reich in RAID: World War II
Co-Op Robbing and Sabotaging-In-the-Name-of-Liberty Shooter hits Steam on September 26 and PlayStation®4 and Xbox One this October
Stockholm, Sweden (August 9, 2017) – Prepare to fight dirty and dictate new world disorder with RAID: World War II as Starbreeze, Lion Game Lion and 505 Games today revealed release dates for the highly-anticipated shooter, starring John Cleese as the British intelligence officer Control. Coming to PC on September 26th and digital and physical retail formats of PlayStation®4 and Xbox One this October, the action-packed four-player cooperative first-person shooter is set during the terrifying time when the German war machine was tearing through Europe, and hope was in short supply.
Known for contributing to critically-acclaimed heist game PAYDAY 2, developers Lion Game Lion lead by Game Director Ilija Petrusic (Co-founder of OVERKILL Software and lead level designer of PAYDAY: The Heist and PAYDAY 2) and Starbreeze Publishing bring their trademark fun and exciting cooperative gameplay, stealth mechanics and superb sound design to this thrilling period shooter. RAID’s unique character classes, hero special abilities, customizable weapons and uniforms, and real-life war-torn locations bring the surreal conflict to life as players fight for their freedom through sabotage, robbery, and assassination of the dastardly Nazi regime.
“The goal in RAID: World War II is simple - sabotage, assassinate and pulverize everything bearing a swastika – mess with Hitler and steal his treasures,” said Ilija Petrusic, Game Director at Lion Game Lion. “With the Nazi regime as the ultimate evil, RAID brings together four unique characters with playstyles that complement and enhance each other as they fight and steal across Europe.”
In RAID’s world-wide fight against evil, four prisoners of war are freed by an ominous secret British intelligence officer, “Mrs. White,” who needs to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all. Players will utilize key game features to save Europe from the Nazi threat and get rich, including:
- Class Based Gameplay – Players choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent, or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles;
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff their player or the entire team;
- Character Customization – RAID’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theatre of WWII: Great Britain, USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and a customizable uniform;
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – the Second World War was infamous for arming the world with deadly and experimental weapons that went “bang” in lethal fashion. RAID: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with weapons upgrades such as custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety tastes;
- Operations Mode – RAID: World War II offers players the opportunity to play through extended versions of their favorite missions by undertaking the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines, and added content and objectives;
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them to customize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players with more ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater;
- Real-World Locations – The game’s setting takes place in real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From mighty m dominating the heart of Berlin, to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will travel through a war-torn Europe and bring destruction to Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
The Reich will get hit hard and the personal riches of the Fuhrer will be stolen on PC September 26 and on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One Tuesday, Oct. 10 in North America, and Friday, Oct. 13 in Europe, Middle East and Asia. The game’s ESRB rating is pending. For more information, visit www.raidworldwar2.com.
Download the latest press assets for RAID: World War II here: http://www.starbreeze.com/presskit
For more information, please contact:
Global Brand Director, Starbreeze AB
Johner Riehl/Javi Carlos
Wonacott Communications for 505 Games
About Lion Game Lion
Lion Game Lion, founded in 2013, is an independent studio located in Zagreb, Croatia employing industry veterans from OVERKILL and elsewhere. See http://www.liongamelion.com for more information.
Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris, Los Angeles, Barcelona and Brussels, the company creates games and other virtual reality entertainment products, based on proprietary design and licensed content. Starbreeze most recent games include PAYDAY 2®, John Wick VR shooter and upcoming survival co-op FPS OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead. Under its publishing initiative, Starbreeze has together with Canadian studio Behaviour Digital successfully launched horror thriller Dead by Daylight.
Starbreeze has set out to develop truly immersive virtual reality (VR) experiences by integrating software and hardware in its StarVR® head mounted display, produced together with Acer. Together with wholly owned subsidiary Enterspace, Starbreeze further solidifies its presence in location based entertainment. StarVR can additionally be found at IMAX VR Centres in Los Angeles and New York.
Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Starbreeze shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under the tickers STAR A and STAR B with the ISIN-codes SE0007158928 (A share) and SE0005992831 (B share). Remium Nordic is the company's Certified Adviser.
More information: starbreeze.com, starvr.com, overkillsoftware.com
About 505 Games
505 Games is a global video game publisher focused on offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and levels. The company publishes and distributes premium and free-to-play games on leading console, PC and handheld platforms as well as for mobile devices and social networks.
Publishing highlights in premium games include PAYDAY 2, Terraria, Portal Knights, Assetto Corsa, ABZÛ, Virginia, Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons and How to Survive. Free-to-play publishing highlights include Battle Islands, Gems of War and Hawken. Distribution highlights include Rocket League, Stardew Valley, Dead by Daylight and Don’t Starve. Upcoming titles include Indivisible (from the development team behind Skullgirls), and Koji Igarashi’s next project, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
505 Games has offices in California, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and China. It works with a network of distribution and sub-licensing partners in all other markets. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.com.