Half Year Report January – June 2017
Highlights from the second quarter
- Sales increased by 8 percent to 4,214 MSEK (3,920) for the second quarter. In local currencies, sales increased by 4 percent.
- Operating profit from product areas1) increased by 8 percent to 1,091 MSEK (1,008) for the second quarter. In local currencies, operating profit from product areas increased by 4 percent.
- Operating profit amounted to 1,091 MSEK (1,061) for the second quarter.
- Profit for the period amounted to 812 MSEK (752) for the second quarter.
- Earnings per share amounted to 4.49 SEK (4.01) for the second quarter. Earnings per share excluding a dividend from STG in 2017 and share of net profit in STG in 2016 amounted to 4.18 SEK (3.72).
- The outlook has been updated based on the developments during the first six months.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
For the full report: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Financial-reports/Interim-reports/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Friday, July 21 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Marlene Forsell, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/Webcasts-and-audiocasts/
Telephone conference presentation: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/
Replay will be available for 30 days at the link above as well as on telephone number:
UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 961397
US replay number: +1 888 365 0240, access code: 961397
Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 961397
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Marlene Forsell, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0489
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on July 21, 2017.
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands. Swedish Match’s product areas are Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products (cigars and chewing tobacco), Lights (matches, lighters, and complementary products), and Other operations. Production is located in six countries, with sales concentrated in Scandinavia and the US. The Swedish Match share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (SWMA).
Swedish Match’s vision is a world without cigarettes. Some of its well-known brands include: General, Longhorn, White Owl, Red Man, Fiat Lux, and Cricket.
Swedish Match AB (publ), SE-118 85 Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Sveavägen 44, 8th Floor. Telephone: +46 8 658 0200
Corporate Identity Number: 556015-0756