Interim Report January – March 2017
- Sales increased by 6 percent to 3,775 MSEK (3,557) for the first quarter. In local currencies, sales increased by 3 percent.
- Operating profit from product areas1) increased by 6 percent to 994 MSEK (939) for the first quarter. In local currencies, operating profit from product areas1) increased by 1 percent.
- Operating profit2) amounted to 1,232 MSEK (1,711) for the first quarter, and included larger one-time items of 238 MSEK relating to the capital gains from divestment of shares in Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) and sale of land. The prior year included larger one-time items of 704 MSEK relating to the capital gains from divestment of shares in STG and divestment of a distribution center property.
- Profit for the period amounted to 930 MSEK (1,404) for the first quarter.
- Earnings per share amounted to 5.06 SEK (7.44) for the first quarter. Earnings per share excluding larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG amounted to 3.76 SEK (3.35).
- In January, as previously announced, Swedish Match reduced its ownership in STG from 18.1 percent to 9.1 percent.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
2) Operating profit for the Group includes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
For the full report: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Monday, May 8 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Marlene Forsell, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference live at: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
will be available for 30 days at the link above as well as on telephone number:
UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 961395
US replay number: +1 888 365 0240, access code: 961395
Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 961395
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Marlene Forsell, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0489
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on May 8, 2017.
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands. Swedish Match’s product areas are Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products (cigars and chewing tobacco), Lights (matches, lighters, and complementary products), and Other operations. Production is located in six countries, with sales concentrated in Scandinavia and the US. The Swedish Match share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (SWMA).
Swedish Match’s vision is a world without cigarettes. Some of its well-known brands include: General, Longhorn, White Owl, Red Man, Fiat Lux , and Cricket .
Swedish Match AB (publ), SE-118 85 Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Sveavägen 44, 8th Floor. Telephone: +46 8 658 0200
Corporate Identity Number: 556015-0756