Interim Report January – September 2016
- Sales increased by 10 percent to 4,118 MSEK (3,756) for the third quarter. In local currencies, sales increased by 9 percent.
- Operating profit from product areas1) increased by 11 percent to 1,089 MSEK (979) for the third quarter. In local currencies, operating profit from product areas1) also increased by 11 percent.
- Operating profit2) amounted to 2,694 MSEK (1,065) for the third quarter, including larger one-time items of 1,550 MSEK relating to a capital gain from the partial divestment of STG and an unrealized gain from revaluing Swedish Match’s remaining shareholding in STG to market value.
- Earnings per share amounted to 12.32 SEK (3.84) for the third quarter. Earnings per share, excluding STG and adjusted for larger one-time items amounted to 3.76 SEK (3.39).
- In September, Swedish Match reduced its ownership in STG from 31.1 percent to 18.1 percent. The Board of Directors propose to distribute the proceeds from this sale as a special dividend of 9.50 SEK per share subject to approval by an extraordinary shareholders’ meeting on December 16.
- In September, a public bond of 300 MEUR was issued with the primary purpose of refinancing a larger bond maturity falling due in November 2017.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
2) Operating profit for the Group includes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG. Swedish Match’s share of net profit in STG is reported with a one quarter lag. The third quarter only includes Swedish Match’s share of STG’s net profit until the date of partial divestment in September 2016, thereafter, the shareholding in STG has been reclassified as a financial asset.
For the full report: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Friday, October 28 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Marlene Forsell, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference live at: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Replay will be available for 30 days at the link above as well as on telephone number:
UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 957779
US replay number: +1 888 365 0240, access code: 957779
Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 957779
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Marlene Forsell, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0489
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on October 28, 2016.
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands in the product areas Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products (cigars and chewing tobacco), and Lights (matches, lighters, and complementary products). Production is located in six countries, with sales concentrated in Scandinavia and the US. The Swedish Match share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (SWMA).
Swedish Match’s vision is a world without cigarettes. Some of its well-known brands include: General, Longhorn, White Owl, Red Man, Fiat Lux, and Cricket.
Swedish Match AB (publ), SE-118 85 Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Sveavägen 44, 8th Floor. Telephone: +46 8 658 0200
Corporate Identity Number: 556015-0756