Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2017 Report
Stockholm - Tele2 AB, (Tele2), (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: TEL2 A and TEL2 B) today announces its consolidated results for the full year and fourth quarter 2017.
“The fourth quarter concludes an extraordinary year for the Tele2 Group. The transformation of the Group to reach our strategic ambition is running at full speed alongside strong organic business momentum, driven by insatiable demand for mobile data, and cost control.”
- Tele2 AB’s net sales for the fourth quarter amounted to SEK 6,642 (6,340) million and EBITDA amounted to SEK 1,527 (1,461) million
- Full year guidance exceeded on both EBITDA and operating cash flow
- Mobile end-user service revenue growth of 8 percent like-for-like, including the Netherlands
- EBITDA growth of 7 percent in Sweden and the Baltics together, like-for-like
- Full year free cash flow from total operations of SEK 2.5 billion, fully covering the dividend proposed by the Board of Directors of SEK 4.00 per share for financial year 2017
- Agreement with Deutsche Telekom to combine Dutch operations and create a stronger customer champion in the Netherlands, subject to regulatory approval
- Agreement to merge Tele2 and Com Hem announced shortly after the end of the quarter
The report is available on www.tele2.com
Presentation full year and Q4 2017 results
Tele2 will host a presentation with the possibility to join through a conference call, for the global financial community at 10:00 am CET (09:00 am GMT/04:00 am EST) on Friday, February 2, 2018. The presentation will be held in English and also made available as a webcast on Tele2’s website: www.tele2.com
To ensure that you are connected to the conference call, please dial in a few minutes before the start of the conference call to register your attendance. Ask for Tele2 Q4 Interim Report 2017.
SE: +46 (0)8 5065 3942
UK: +44 (0)330 336 9412
US: +1 323-794-2093
For more information, please contact:
Angelica Gustafsson, Head of Public Relations, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 704 26 41 42
Erik Strandin Pers, Head of Investor Relations, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 733 41 41 88
This information is information that Tele2 AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 07:00 CET on February 2, 2018.
TELE2’S MISSION IS TO FEARLESSLY LIBERATE PEOPLE TO LIVE A MORE CONNECTED LIFE. We believe the connected life is a better life, and so our aim is to make connectivity increasingly accessible to our customers, no matter where or when they need it. Ever since Jan Stenbeck founded the company in 1993, it has been a tough challenger to the former government monopolies and other established providers. Tele2 offers mobile services, fixed broadband and telephony, data network services, content services and global IoT solutions. Every day our 17 million customers across 8 countries enjoy a fast and wireless experience through our award winning networks. Tele2 has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm since 1996. In 2017, Tele2 had net sales of SEK 25 billion and reported an operating profit (EBITDA) of SEK 6.4 billion. For definitions of measures, please see the last pages of the Annual Report 2016. Follow @Tele2group on Twitter for the latest updates