Easter Holiday Car Insurance
Easter break sees over ten million people taking a Easter break in the UK by car, and around one in eight people traveling abroad at some point.1 The UK offers an astounding array of holiday destinations during Easter, and you may just find that driving to a holiday at home is more relaxing than you expect.
‘Staycations’ are increasingly popular during Easter, as many families may only have a limited time and budget for their Easter break. Easter usually falls when the UK is at it’s prettiest in spring - you therefore don’t have to go far afield to enjoy blue skies and gorgeous countryside if the UK has a good spring seasonal weather.
Advantages of holidaying in the UK:
Holidaying in the UK can reinvigorate a passion and interest in the country you live in, not to mention being more convenient and cheaper than a holiday abroad too. All too often people feel they have to go on an extravagant holiday abroad to feel like they have ‘got away from it all’ - when actually relaxation and beautiful scenery can be right on your doorstep.
Some uplifting Easter holiday options in the UK could include:
- Cottage break: visit one of the UK’s charming country cottages, tucked away in the countryside or off the beaten track near the seaside.
- Luxury camping: camping doesn’t have to be slumming it in a tent - these days you can have all your creature comforts and still feel like you’re going back to basics.
- B&B: support local businesses and stay in a homely B&B in the UK. You’ll be sure to get a good breakfast with your host.
Some exciting UK holiday destinations during Easter include:
- London: special events are usually packed into the Easter school holidays in the capital, so you’ll be sure to find activities for all the family
- Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire: enjoy 4 days of Easter fun in this 11th century palace, with Easter Egg Hunts, face painting and story telling
- Whitstable, Kent: Escape to the British seaside and try Whitstable’s famous oysters. The Easter Egg Run is also an annual bike ride along the coast for all the family.
- Blair Castle, Fife, Scotland: Try your hand at egg rolling in the Scottish Highlands! You paint a hard boiled egg, then roll it down the grass brae next to the deer park. There’s a prize for the three fastest eggs!
Don’t forget car insurance! It may not sound like a holiday topic, but car insurance is an important consideration for a holiday in the UK. Cheap car insurance may not offer you the level of cover you require for a longer journey, so you should check with your car insurance provider to ensure all eventualities are considered:
- Accident cover? A long car journey could increase the risk of an accident, especially if you are travelling on unfamiliar roads. Be sure your car insurance policy is up to date and will cover you for accidents on the road.
- Breakdown cover? This does not usually come as standard, so you may want to check that you have sufficient cover in case of a car breakdown on holiday.
- Refuelling insurance? If you’re very relaxed on holiday, you might accidentally put the wrong fuel type in your car. Whilst this might seem unlikely now, it could be an easy mistake to make if you’re preoccupied with a holiday at the same time. Good car insurance usually covers the costs associated with putting the wrong fuel in your car.
Easter is a time for new beginnings and celebration - what better way to mark the beginning of spring than with a motoring holiday in the UK.
 - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1378300/The-everlasting-Easter-holiday-cost-nation-30bn.html#ixzz1obHti9cm
About John Lewis Insurance:
John Lewis Insurance offers a range of insurance services selected by the John Lewis Partnership. These include home, life, pet, travel, wedding, event and car insurance products.
For more information about John Lewis Car Insurance please visit the website here - www.johnlewis-insurance.com/homepage/car-insurance.html.