VALENTINE’S DAY ETIQUETTE: FONDUE AND FON-DON’T TIPS FROM EMMI OF SWITZERLAND
(February 6, 2012 – Boonton, NJ): Whether it’s an intimate dinner for two or a family fun festivity, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to share the fun of fondue. Meaning “melted” in French, fondue originated in 18th Century Switzerland and is available today as a savory cheese treat or sweet chocolate dessert. Emmi of Switzerland, one of the world’s premier dairy companies, has put together these “fon-do and fon-don’t” tips to make sure your Valentine’s Day dinner is an interactive delight.
- Variety is the spice of life! Be creative and serve a wide variety of dippables. Crusty bread, fresh fruit and veggies, boiled shrimp, marshmallows and cookies are all wonderful in fondue. Just be sure everything is prepared ahead in bite-size pieces.
- Mix it up! Fondue is the perfect appetizer, main course or dessert. If you want to start with chocolate and end with cheese, it’s up to you!
- Swiss Kiss! It is tradition when eating fondue, to kiss the person to your right if you drop your bread in the cheese. (It’s ok to do it on purpose…)
- Don’t forget to stir. As the night keeps moving, be sure to keep your fondue moving. Stir it up to so your cheese or chocolate fondue remains smooth.
- Don’t double dip. Every fork- or skewer-full should contain a new, unbitten morsel. (If a piece falls in the fondue, see fon-do tip #3 above!)
- Don’t hide any surprises. While fondue offers a lot of interactive eating enjoyment, it is not a good place to stash an engagement ring or other surprise gifts for your sweetie.
Ready to heat and eat, Emmi’s “Fondue Original” and “Swiss Chocolate Fondue” packages contain complete fondue ingredients. You can find them at your local grocer and online at EmmiRothUSA.com.
About Emmi Roth USA, Inc.
Emmi Roth USA, a subsidiary of Emmi Group, is a leading provider of specialty and artisan cheeses and premium fresh dairy products. Our expansive portfolio includes award-winning cheeses from Switzerland, Europe, and the United States, each crafted with pride from the freshest local milk. Key cheese brands include Kaltbach cave-aged, Grand Cru and Buttermilk Blue. Our specialty dairy products include Swiss Premium Yogurt and Caffè Latte, Emmi’s chilled coffee drink crafted with fresh roasted coffee and the finest milk. Tradition and innovation balance perfectly to deliver distinctive offerings of the highest quality to the retail and food service trades.
PRESS: For more information about Emmi of Switzerland, please contact Stefanie Fernandez at The S3 Agency: 973-257-5533 or sfernandez@theS3agency.com