Tobii AB Interim Report Q1 2016
Stockholm, May 4, 2016 – Tobii AB today reported its results for the first quarter 2016. The Group showed stable growth and a step toward consumer markets through the launch of the world’s first gaming notebook with eye tracking.
January – March
- The Group’s sales totaled SEK 252 million (229), an increase of 10%. Adjusted for currency effects, the increase was 9%.
- Gross margin was 73% (74%).
- The Group’s operating loss amounted to SEK -17 million (-8).
- The combined operating profit from Tobii Dynavox and Tobii Pro totaled SEK 33 million (34) while investments in Tobii Tech had a negative impact on the Group’s earnings in the amount of SEK -49 million (-41).
- Earnings per share was SEK -0.29 (0.01)
- Tobii Tech and MSI launched the world’s first gaming notebook with eye tracking.
- Ubisoft launched two major game titles with integrated support for Tobii eye tracking.
- Tobii Dynavox launched the first eye-controlled product upgraded with the new eye-tracking platform Tobii IS4.
Today at 10:00 a.m. Tobii will arrange a conference call with web cast presentation for media, analyst and investors. Please find dial-in details on Tobii’s website under Interim Report Q1 2016.
Tobii discloses this information pursuant to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on May 4, 2016, at 08:00 a.m. CET.
Sara Hyléen, Corporate Communications Director of Tobii, tel: 46 70 9161641, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tobii is the global leader in eye tracking. Our vision is a world where all technology works in harmony with natural human behavior. Tobii operates through three business units: Tobii Dynavox makes specially designed computers that are controlled by eye movement or touch screens for use by people with special needs due to spinal cord injuries, CP, ALS or other medical conditions. Tobii Pro develops and sells eye-tracking equipment and services used today by more than 2,000 companies and 1,500 research institutions, including all of the world’s 50 highest ranked universities. Tobii Tech further develops Tobii’s technology for new volume markets, such as computer games, personal computers, virtual reality and vehicles. Tobii is headquartered in Sweden and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (TOBII). The group has over 600 employees. For more information, please visit www.tobii.com.