Tobii AB Interim Report Q3 2017
Tobii AB today reported its results for the third quarter and first nine months 2017.
Comment by Tobii’s CEO Henrik Eskilsson:
“The quarter was characterized by very strong sales in Tobii Pro. This was a reflection of a favorable underlying market trend and a result of our investments in developing outstanding products and stronger sales channels. Tobii Dynavox’s sales were negatively impacted by transitory effects, but with the launch of two additional new products it is now well-equipped with an expanded, price-differentiated product portfolio. Within Tobii Tech, we continued to allocate additional resources to VR in response to inquiries and a number of collaborations with potential customers.”
July – September
- The Group’s sales totaled SEK 250 million (255), a decrease of 2%. Adjusted for currency effects, sales grew by 3 %.
- The gross margin was 73% (73%).
- The Group’s operating loss amounted to SEK -49 million (-11). Tobii Dynavox made a contribution of SEK 9 million (31) and Tobii Pro of SEK 9 million (0), while investments in Tobii Tech had an impact of SEK -67 million (-42) on the Group’s earnings.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.55 (-0.08).
January – September
- The Group’s sales totaled SEK 777 million (747), an increase of 4%. Adjusted for currency effects, the increase was 2%.
- The gross margin was 72% (73%).
- The Group’s operating loss amounted to SEK -174 million (-57). Tobii Dynavox made a contribution of SEK 48 million (83) and Tobii Pro of SEK 8 million (3), while investments in Tobii Tech had an impact of SEK -230 million (-143) on the Group’s earnings.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -1.86 (-0.55).
- Tobii Dynavox launched I-110, the next generation medical grade touch-based speech generating device.
- Tobii and Microsoft announced a collaboration to implement support for eye-tracking in Windows 10, which was launched in October.
- Tobii Dynavox launched EyeMobile Plus, an eye tracking accessory that turns a regular Windows tablet into an eye-controlled communication device.
- The increased investments in VR have resulted in five large-scale projects, in prototype or product development stage, with potential customers or partners for Tobii Tech.
- About ten new PC games with support for Tobii eye tracking were released, including major titles such as F1 2017, Assassin’s Creed Origins and Agents of Mayhem, reaching some 90 game titles in total.
- Tobii Pro has won a number of customers within a new important sub-segment called professional performance, where users in the automotive industry, process industry, simulators and sports use eye-tracking data for training and educational purposes.
Today at 2:00 p.m. Tobii will host a conference call with web cast presentation for media, analyst and investors. Please find dial-in details on Tobii’s website under Interim Report Q3 2017.
This information is information that Tobii AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, on October 26, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. CET.
Sara Hyléen, Director of Corporate Communications & Investor Relations, Tobii AB, phone: +46 709 16 16 41, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tobii is the global leader in eye tracking. Our vision is a world where all technology works in harmony with natural human behavior. Tobii operates through three business units: Tobii Dynavox makes specially designed computers that are controlled by eye movement or touch screens for use by people with special needs due to spinal cord injuries, CP, ALS or other medical conditions. Tobii Pro develops and sells eye-tracking equipment and services used today by more than 3,000 companies and 2,000 research institutions, including all of the world’s 50 highest ranked universities. Tobii Tech further develops Tobii’s technology for new volume markets, such as computer games, personal computers, virtual reality and smartphones. Tobii is headquartered in Sweden and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (TOBII). The group has over 800 employees. For more information, please visit www.tobii.com.