Girls' Night In @ The Trafford Centre 21-25 June 2010
“If you’re the kind of woman who prefers a pedicure to a penalty shoot out, then you’ll find something to entice you during Girls’ Night In at The Trafford Centre.”
As Manchester reaches World Cup fever pitch next month, The Trafford Centre is taking centre spot in the festivities with a style event to prepare you for the long, hot summer ahead.
Everything kicks off on 21June, and the final whistle is blown on 25 June – that’s a solid week of pampering to get you to the top of the fashion league.
Match highlights of the event include our Fashion Masterclass; a different 30 minute show, every half-hour from 6pm-9.30pm Monday-Friday. Grab your glass of champagne on arrival and settle down for:
• Summer Swimwear – from beach to bar we give you the sunshine solutions to flatter your shape
• Essential Summer Capsule Wardrobe – your seasonal basics explained you
• Body Shape Summer Blitzer – essential tips on achieving the look your body loves, and avoiding the looks your body loathes
• The Art of Accessorising – the simple secrets explained on using accessories for the wow factor
• Colour Confidence – have you lost yours? Hear our secrets on wearing colour and how to avoid going back to black
• Glamour Girls – get the A-Lister look with Sex and the City Inspired style no matter what your age
• From Catwalk to Closet – how to create the designer looks from the catwalk at high street prices
Elsewhere in the Centre, Selfridges launch a unique pop-up shop with a different exclusive beauty brand on lower Peel Avenue each evening of the event.
Boots transform your look for your red carpet moment with a different beauty brand each day - plus you’ll be able to take away a photo after your glamorous makeover! Book in advance with the store on 0161 746 7984, or drop in. (Brands and times to be confirmed.)
Molton Brown offers fantastic complimentary hand and arm massages all day (10am-10pm) Monday-Friday, with your choice of fragrance, a glass of fizz and cupcake on arrival - plus a luxury miniature to take home with you.
John Lewis invites you to their Girls’ Night In beauty event from 6pm-10pm on Thursday 24 June. Buy your tickets from the beauty department or by calling 0161 746 3644 (£10 redeemable on the night).This offer includes a John Lewis goody bag and refreshments. Activities include mini-makeovers on the Chanel counter, Philosophy, YSL mini-makeovers - plus Acqua di Palma will be launching their new Mediterranean range.
Plus on lower Peel Avenue just outside the John Lewis store there will be: 6pm- 7pm Dior makeovers and Rituals hand and arm massages, 7pm-8pm Guerlain Mascara Terracotta range and Liz Earle super skin products, 8pm-9pm Bobbi Brown mini makeovers and Origins new moisturising range, 9pm-10pm Fake Bake and Rituals hand and arm massage.
Gap opens their doors from 6pm-10pm on Thursday 24 June offering Indian head massage, refreshments and personal styling advice and a 10% discount when you purchase your perfect jeans.
Lush get fruity with skin and haircare consultations plus hand and arm massages from 6pm-10pm Monday-Friday - simply book via the store on 0161 746 9610.
The Body Shop bring you makeovers, facials, foot treatments and hand massages, 6pm-10pm Monday-Friday, simply book via the store on 0161 749 7004.
Vivienne Westwood offers an extra 10% off sale prices 21-25 June.
French Connection will give away a free gift throughout Girls’ Night In, on every purchase over £75 throughout the week.
Kro Bar relaxes you with a free cocktail when ordering a main course when you show your cinema ticket (sorry, we can’t give you this in conjunction with any other offer), from 21-25 June.
Boost Juice Bar entice you to a healthier summer with a Buy one get one free; when you buy a regular juice or smoothie, receive the second one free! (Free product to equal or lesser value, from 21-25 June)
Yang Sing Cathay will knock a tantalising 20% off the total food bill for groups of four or more ladies on presentation of the Girls’ Night In mailer, or special website voucher. Applicable to the a la carte and special banqueting menu, we’re sorry we can’t not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Tampopo offer a tempting 20% discount for ladies in groups of four or more. (Valid 21-25 June only at The Trafford Centre Tampopo, and not available in conjunction with any other offer.)
Potter’s Bar and Kitchen bring you a mouth-watering offer of one free main course when another of equal or greater value is purchased on presentation of your cinema tickets during Girls’ Night In. Restrictions apply - exclusive to Potter’s at The Trafford Centre.
* SIGN UP to The Trafford Centre website for your chance to win some great Girls’ Night In competitions, including your chance to take home a Selfridges beauty hamper worth £1,000, one of five John Lewis indulgence packages worthy £100 each.
Said Trafford Centre marketing manager Caroline Aikman: “Our extra special Girl’s Night In invites wives and girlfriends to pamper themselves with summer beauty and style fixes - while the boys are gathered around the TV soaking up the sport.
“The World Cup is great for sports fans, and business in the pubs is likely to be sky high during the tournament. But we want to create something special for the football widows who are at a loose end, especially during the evenings when the TV will be dominated by football.
“So we’ve got some great escapes planned for ladies during the World Cup – with style and beauty demonstrations on the Malls, as well as treatments, special events and great offers going on in the stores.
“Playing in our stadium of style will be our team of experts from big names like Selfridges, Vivienne Westwood, Boots, Molton Brown, Bodyshop, Lush and Gap - plus many more.
“With the added bonus of exclusive dining offers at a range of restaurants, this is the perfect chance for girls to create a great night out - at Girls’ Night In.”
For more details please see our website: www.traffordcentre.co.uk/whatson
• Bookings for the Fashion Masterclass can be made in advance to guarantee your place on 0161 746 7777 between 9am-5.30pm Monday-Friday, or you can just drop-in!
• Girls Night In runs from 21-25 June, from 6pm until 10pm.
• For media invitations to any of our events, please contact Justin in the Press Office:
, with details of your preferred event.
• Girls’ Night In is one element of The Trafford Centre’s World Cup festivities. For further details of family entertainment during the competition, please see our website or contact the Press Office.