Unibet Group plc - Interim report January - September 2012
- Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 43.8 (37.8) million for the third quarter of 2012 and GBP 140.3 (109.7) million for the period January to September 2012.
- Profit from operations for the third quarter 2012 amounted to GBP 4.5 (8.2) million and GBP 22.6 (26.6) million for the period January to September 2012. Excluding a one off tax payment of GBP 2.6 million, profit from operations for the third quarter 2012 would have been GBP 7.1 million.
- Profit before tax for the third quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 4.0 (8.2) million and GBP 22.1 (26.2) million for the period January to September 2012.
- Profit after tax for the third quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 3.4 (7.5) million and GBP 19.8 (24.2) million for the period January to September 2012.
- Earnings per share for the third quarter of 2012 were GBP 0.120 (0.269) and GBP 0.710 (0.864) for the period January to September 2012.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 8.7 (10.7) million for the third quarter 2012 and GBP 34.2 (33.5) million for the period January to September 2012.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 382,378 (325,194).
“Strong start to October”
“Gross winnings revenues in the third quarter were impacted both by the late start of European football seasons and by the effect of translating results from European currencies into the stronger GBP compared to the third quarter 2011. Sports margins were lower than average in September, but the overall margin for the third quarter was within the normal range.”
“Compared with the third quarter 2011 this quarter is negatively influenced by FX movements on Unibet’s main currencies. If the average exchange rates for the third quarter 2011 were applied to this quarter, gross winnings revenue would be approximately GBP 46.8 million and underlying profit from operations would be approximately GBP 9.8 million.”
“Costs within the business remain under good control, which allowed us to deliver a robust result. The quarter was however impacted by the one-off cost of GBP 2.6 million related to Spanish tax.”
“The award of a A+ licence in Belgium for unibet.be means that we in cooperation with Rank, shall shortly be live with all products in this newly regulated market with betting duties of 11 per cent of gross gaming revenue.“
“It is also encouraging to see the continuing momentum in our Kambi B2B business, as more customers recognise the value of the proposition.”
“Daily gross winnings revenues in the first four weeks of October have been up 29 per cent compared to the third quarter. Compared to the same period in October 2011, underlying gross winnings revenues in local currency are more than 20 per cent higher as a result of volume growth, as sportsbook margins are very similar to last year”, says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 31 October 2012, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is
UK: +44 (0) 20 7108 6303 US: +1 8666 765 870
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 27 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.com.au , www.maria.com and www.mariacasino.dk. Unibet also offers Sportsbook B2B services through Kambi Sports Solutions, www.kambi.com.
Today, Unibet has 7.0 million customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, ESSA, the European Sports Security Association and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com