INTERIM REPORT SEPTEMBER 2012–FEBRUARY 2013
ENTERING THE GROWTH PHASE
SECOND QUARTER DECEMBER 2012-FEBRUARY 2013
- Group net sales amounted to SEK 239.7 M (234.3). The number of stores totaled 119 compared with 119 in the year-earlier period.
- The gross profit margin was 55.8% (55.3).
- Profit before depreciation, amortization and impairment amounted to SEK 21.1 M (26.7).
- Profit after tax totaled SEK 13.5 M (16.7).
- Earnings per share before dilution amounted to SEK 1.66 (2.15).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 1.66 (2.06).
THE PERIOD SEPTEMBER 2012–FEBRUARY 2013
- Group net sales amounted to SEK 446.3 M (443.6).
- The gross profit margin was 57.2% (57.6).
- Profit before depreciation, amortization and impairment amounted to SEK 44.1 M (50.3).
- Profit after tax totaled SEK 30.1 M (33.7).
- Earnings per share before dilution amounted to SEK 3.70 (4.33).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 3.70 (4.15).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE QUARTER
- The Group’s like-for-like sales increased 4% during the quarter and 6% in Sweden.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE QUARTER
- A total of five new stores have been contracted, which means that a total of eight stores will open in the second half of the current fiscal year and one store in the first quarter of the coming fiscal year.
- Despite fewer shopping days due to an earlier Easter, like-for-like sales increased in March by 2 percent in total and 5 percent in Sweden compared with the year-earlier period.
“During the quarter, we continued to strengthen our position in a continued slow market. Venue Retail Group is now poised to make a committed entry to a clear growth phase. We have contracted even more stores and the present plan is to open eight new stores in Sweden in the second half of the fiscal year,” says Susanne Börjesson, CEO of Venue Retail Group.
The information in this report is such that Venue Retail Group is obligated to disclose under the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publishing on April 11, 2013 at 8:00 a.m.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Susanne Börjesson, CEO, Tel: +46 (0)8-508 99 253 or +46 (0)701-90 11 53
Staffan Gustafsson, CFO and VP, Tel: +46 (0)8-508 99 244 or +46 (0)70-889 92 44
Mats Persson, Chairman of the Board, Tel: +46 (0)8-545 133 52 or +46 (0)70-511 46 36