Press Release. Boost your Computer Performance with the new 2.5” SATA-III SSDs from Verbatim
Twice as fast as SATA-II, the new Verbatim 2.5’’ SATA-III SSDs take full advantage of the SATA-III bandwidth and provide extraordinary data transfer rates up to 550MB/sec READ and 510MB/sec WRITE speed, faster system boot up and improved system responsiveness. These advantages make Verbatim SSDs an ideal hard drive replacement storage solution for notebook and desktop PCs.
Available in 120GB and 240GB
- Twice as fast as SATA-II with up to 550MB/sec read speed and 510MB/sec write speed
- Host transfer speed 6Gb/s
- Faster system boot up
- Improved battery life and system responsiveness
- Increased shock resistance over HDD
- Features high-end SandForce 2281 controller with advanced wear leveling, sophisticated EDC/ECC, and garbage collection algorithms to maintain stable and reliable performance and error correction for reliable long-term performance
- S.M.A.R.T. (Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology) capability and native TRIM support for Windows 7 operating systems
- 2 year warranty
SSDs use semi-conductor flash memory chips to store data so, unlike hard disk drives, have no moving parts. This makes them more mechanically stable and far less prone to failure. Additionally they make no noise and only use very little energy.
Rüdiger Theobald, Marketing Director for Verbatim EUMEA: “The new Verbatim 2.5’’ SATA-III SSDs are very fast and offer longer battery life, faster response, additional robustness and faster system boot up. The increased shock resistance of SSD technology makes them the ideal storage replacement in portable computers due to the fact that hard disk drives are more susceptible to shocks.”
Pictures can be found at:
Subscribe to our RSS-Feed on our Verbatim Newsroom