Interim report January – June 2018: Continued high profitability
- Sales amounted to SEK 283 (285) million, corresponding to a decrease of 1 percent in SEK. Sales decreased by 5 percent in local currency.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 116 (112) million, corresponding to a margin of 41 (39) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates positively impacted EBITDA by SEK 8 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 80 (71) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 0.73 (0.66).
- Market approval for EmbryoScope+ in the US.
- Share split 5:1 carried out in line with the resolution adopted at the Annual General Meeting.
- Collaboration agreement with GE Healthcare regarding joint educational activities for IVF clinics.
- Sales amounted to SEK 547 (529) million, corresponding to an increase of 3 percent in SEK. Sales growth was 1 percent in local currency.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 222 (207) million, corresponding to a margin of 41 (39) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates positively impacted EBITDA by SEK 11 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 151 (131) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 1.39 (1.20).
Gothenburg, July 13, 2018
VITROLIFE AB (publ)
Thomas Axelsson, CEO
Queries should be addressed to:
Thomas Axelsson, CEO, tel 46 31 721 80 01
Mikael Engblom, CFO, tel 46 31 721 80 14
This information is information that Vitrolife AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.30 am CET on July 13, 2018.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Vitrolife is an international medical device Group. Vitrolife develops, produces and markets medical devices for assisted reproduction.
Vitrolife has approximately 370 employees and the company's products are sold in about 110 markets. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and there are also offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and USA. The Vitrolife share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
Vitrolife AB (publ), Box 9080, SE-400 92 Göteborg, Sweden. Corporate identity number 556354-3452. Tel: 46 31 721 80 00. Fax: 46 31 721 80 99. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.vitrolife.com/