Report on operations 2016: Strong growth and strengthened income
- Sales amounted to SEK 251 (199) million, corresponding to an increase of 26 percent in SEK. Net sales growth was 21 percent in local currency.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 96 (81) million, corresponding to a margin of 38 (41) percent.
- Sales started of the newly launched EmbryoScope+ time-lapse incubator.
- Net income amounted to SEK 60 (57) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 2.74 (2.63).
Whole year 2016:
- Sales amounted to SEK 856 (722) million, corresponding to an increase of 19 percent in SEK. Net sales growth was 18 percent in local currency.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 303 (279) million, corresponding to a margin of 35 (39) percent.
- Net income amounted to SEK 191 (183) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 8.77 (8.42).
After the end of the period:
- The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 2.60 (2.40) per share.
Gothenburg, February 9, 2017
VITROLIFE AB (publ)
Thomas Axelsson, CEO
Queries should be addressed to:
Thomas Axelsson, CEO, tel 46 31 721 80 01
Mikael Engblom, CFO, tel 46 31 721 80 14
This information is information that Vitrolife AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.30 am CET on February 9, 2017.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Vitrolife is an international medical device Group. Vitrolife develops, produces and markets medical devices for assisted reproduction. Work is also carried out to enable the use and handling of stem cells for therapeutic purposes.
Vitrolife has approximately 330 employees and the company's products are sold in about 110 markets. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and there are also offices in Australia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and USA. The Vitrolife share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
Vitrolife AB (publ), Box 9080, SE-400 92 Göteborg, Sweden. Corporate identity number 556354-3452. Tel: 46 31 721 80 00. Fax: 46 31 721 80 99. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: www.vitrolife.com/