Report on operations 2017: Continued profitable growth
- Sales amounted to SEK 271 (251) million, corresponding to an increase of 8 percent in SEK. Sales growth was 11 percent in local currency and consisted in its entirety of organic growth.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 103 (96) million, corresponding to a margin of 38 (38) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates negatively impacted EBITDA by SEK 5 million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 69 (60) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 3.15 (2.74).
Whole year 2017:
- Sales amounted to SEK 1 046 (856) million, corresponding to an increase of 22 percent in SEK. Sales growth was 22 percent in local currency of which 19 percent represented organic growth.
- Operating income before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 408 (303) million, corresponding to a margin of 39 (35) percent. Fluctuations in exchange rates negatively impacted EBITDA by SEK 7 million.
- Continued succesful launch of EmbryoScope+.
- Launch of RapidVit™ Omni, a media system for vitrification (rapid freezing) of eggs and embryos.
- Net income amounted to SEK 265 (191) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 12.14 (8.77).
After the end of the period:
- Acquisition of licensing rights to technology for embryo transfer.
- Market approval for EmbryoScope in China.
- The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 3.70 (2.60) per share.
Gothenburg, February 8, 2018
VITROLIFE AB (publ)
Thomas Axelsson, CEO
Queries should be addressed to:
Thomas Axelsson, CEO, tel 46 31 721 80 01
Mikael Engblom, CFO, tel 46 31 721 80 14
This information is information that Vitrolife AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8.30 am CET on February 8, 2018.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Vitrolife is an international medical device Group. Vitrolife develops, produces and markets medical devices for assisted reproduction.
Vitrolife has approximately 370 employees and the company's products are sold in about 110 markets. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and there are also offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and USA. The Vitrolife share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
Vitrolife AB (publ), Box 9080, SE-400 92 Göteborg, Sweden. Corporate identity number 556354-3452. Tel: 46 31 721 80 00. Fax: 46 31 721 80 99. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: www.vitrolife.com/