AB Volvo publishes Sustainability Report 2012
The Sustainability Report describes how the Volvo Group addresses economic, environmental and social challenges and opportunities to contribute to sustainable development.
The report is an important platform for dialogue with investors, employees, business partners and other stakeholders.
Some highlights from the Sustainability Report for 2012:
- The Volvo Group reviewed its CSR and sustainability strategy
- The Volvo Group updated its Code of Conduct
- The Volvo Group Qualified once more for top placement on the external assessment Dow Jones Sustainability Index World (DJSI World)
- The Volvo Group extended its cooperation with the WWF within the Climate Savers Program
- The Volvo Group revised its position on alternative fuels and expanded its research in plug-in hybrid vehicles.
The report is available on www.volvogroup.com/sustainabilityreport.
The report is also available as pdf.
See also an infographic on the Volvo Group’s approach to sustainability.
March 27, 2013
For further information please contact: Malin Ripa, AB Volvo, Public Affairs, phone +46 3166 1161 or +46 739 020 160.
For more stories from the Volvo Group, please visit http://www.volvogroup.com/globalnews.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs about 115,000 people, has production facilities in 19 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets. In 2012 the Volvo Group’s sales amounted to about SEK 304 billion. The Volvo Group is a publicly-held company headquartered in Göteborg, Sweden. Volvo shares are listed on OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm. For more information, please visit www.volvogroup.com or www.volvogroup.mobi if you are using your mobile phone.