Introducing the Miele S8 - The Pinnacle of Performance and Convenience
Miele TrueClean™ Takes Cleaning to a New Level
Miele, a global expert in floor care, is revolutionizing the way we clean with the introduction of the new Miele S8 Series. Designed, engineered and built in Germany the S8 is lighter, quieter and offers improved cleaning performance. By combining the performance of the Miele patented AirClean Filter-Bag™ plus Sealed System® and HEPA filter, 99.9% of lung damaging particles are retained in the machine. S8 embodies the Miele TrueClean™ philosophy – offering the perfect balance of performance and convenience.
“Our elite team of Miele floorcare experts were given absolute freedom to develop the most dynamic, innovative and unique vacuum system,” said Inga Wirth, Floorcare Product Manager, Miele. “With S8, there are no compromises in materials, functionality or design.”
This group of Miele Construction and Technology Engineers, Industrial and Product Designers and Quality Assurance Specialists spent nearly five years extensively observing and researching the cleaning challenges of its customers. It determined the problem with contemporary machines was that too many sacrifices like size in favor of efficiency, shape in favor of reach, power in favor of noise, were made in order to improve convenience or performance of vacuums. The solution was to build a no compromise machine – the Miele S8.
“The S8 was born from the most effective vacuum filtration systems on the market today. Combining Miele’s patented AirClean FilterBag™ and Sealed System®, the S8 was designed to improve indoor air quality - safeguarding the air we breathe,” said Skyler Stevenson, Public Relations Manager for Miele. “Manufacturing vacuum cleaners since 1927, the S8 embodies 85 years of Miele technical expertise and know-how. In the true spirit of Immer Besser, we have elevated our system to achieve unparalleled cleaning performance and convenience with stability, balance, beauty and well-being.”
Effortless movement, smooth transitions, extended motion.
- Footswitch Controls: With a simple tap of the foot, the newly designed controls allow the user to turn the vacuum on or off, adjust floor settings or retract the power cord.
- Dynamic Drive (patent pending): Swivel castors complete with shock absorbers provides the perfect suspension for a quiet, smooth transition over various floor types.
- Extended, Retractable 36 Foot Cord: Allows for an exceptionally wide cleaning reach with a one-touch rewind.
Intuitive and customizable, quiet and powerful, structured and adaptable.
- Automatic Setting: ensures perfect cleaning performance on all surfaces and floor types. Energy usage is reduced as the S8 automatically adjusts to maintain the appropriate level of suction for every surface.
- Silence System Plus: A newly encapsulated motor and integrated insulation make the S8 exceptionally quiet without sacrificing power.
- Skeleton Construction: Structurally sound, the new skeletal construction of the S8 is intensely durable yet lightweight.
- Integrated Accessories: Housed in a convenient compartment; easily adapt to all surfaces within the home.
Seamless alignment, illuminating aesthetics and fashionable styling.
- 3D Bumper: wraps around the vacuum at various heights to protect furniture, walls and the vacuum itself from nicks and bumps in the event of minor collisions.
- Illuminated Parking System: Improves visibility for storage of the wand and floor tool.
- Spotlight Handle: Improves visibility illuminates the area being cleaned using a powerful LED light.
- Six Dynamic Color Options: Make a statement.
Enduring sustainability, improved air quality, complete peace of mind.
- Automatic Setting: To maximize the best use of energy, there is no unnecessary use of power when the machine is at a lower setting or in park.
- Skeleton Construction: Uses fewer raw materials, all of which are marked and fully recyclable.
- AirClean Sealed System® Design: Ensures that 99.9% of particles are captured and retained.
- Tested: Each S8 is tested before it leaves the factory in Germany to ensure flawless performance.
Pricing and Availability
Six S8 models will be available with prices ranging from $749 - $1,599. S8 will be available Monday, October 8 through Miele authorized dealers.
About Miele Vacuum Cleaners
Miele vacuums are known for legendary performance, advanced filtration and brilliant design, setting the standard for floor care and cleaning worldwide. Miele’s long heritage of vacuum innovations dates back 84 years to the use of Bakelite as a sound dampener in 1927, the advent of convenient integrated tools and stunning fashion colors in the 1960s to the world’s first HEPA-certified vacuums in the 1990s.
Throughout the century, these award-winning advances have established Miele as the “must have” status vacuum – hailed as “so smart it could start its own Mensa chapter.” Beyond the aforementioned accolades, design awards and sleek good looks, Miele continues to focus on making vacuuming easier through patented new technologies like the S7 SwivelNeck™ as well as longer cords, automatic flooring sensors, powerful Vortex Motor System™ and silence settings. Miele’s passion for quality and innovation has resulted in a vacuum that excels not only in cleaning performance, but also in the area of filtration. According to recent independent tests, there’s no other vacuum that removes dust, dirt and allergens as efficiently as a Miele canister or upright. Miele’s unique combination of AirClean FilterBag™, HEPA filter and Sealed System® design is 99.9+% effective in capturing lung-damaging particles. The key to this design is its hygienic self-closing AirClean FilterBag™ whose revolutionary multi-ply filtering material helps homeowners dispose of the captured particles without coming in contact with them. For more information, visit www.airtruth.com.
Founded in Germany in 1899 with a single promise of Immer Besser, a phrase meaning Forever Better, Miele has dynamically grown to become the world’s largest family-owned and operated appliance company with more than 16,600 employees, 12 production facilities and representation in nearly 100 countries. As a premium appliance brand represented on all continents, Miele is steadfastly committed to the highest quality, performance and environmental standards. Miele’s range of exceptional consumer appliances includes: vacuum cleaners; laundry systems; rotary irons; dishwashers; built-in convection, speed and steam ovens; cooktops; ventilation hoods; refrigeration; wine storage and espresso/coffee systems.
Additionally, Miele Professional (the commercial product division) offers dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers and rotary irons for commercial use as well as washer-disinfectors for medical, dental and laboratory applications. To enhance your experience and learn more about Miele, visit www.mieleusa.com, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mieleus, watch us on www.youtube.com/mieleus and follow us on Twitter @MieleUSA.