Eight New Smartphones and Tablets Certified for Xata Turnpike
Xata leads the industry in providing cutting-edge technology with 85+ devices certified
CTIA WIRELESS – NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA, May 8, 2012— Xata Corporation (NASDAQ: XATA), the leader in fleet optimization software, today announced that it has added eight new, technologically advanced tablets and smartphones certified to work with the Xata Turnpike fleet management solution, continuing its dedication to delivering mobile technology’s most recent advancements to the transportation industry.
With more than 85 devices certified to run Xata Turnpike, Xata is outpacing its competition with cutting-edge technology that fleets of all sizes and owner-operators are choosing to help them improve compliance, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
“The days of multi-thousand dollar, difficult-to-install and proprietary platforms are fading away,” says Christian Schenk, vice president, market development and product marketing, Xata. “A tablet by definition is a portable device that operates completely independent of other hardware or cradles, and doesn’t require a three-hour installation. The Xata Turnpike solution self-installs in minutes and operates with a mobile device seamlessly without any bulky harnesses or cradles.”
Unlike competitive “portable computers” that come at high capital costs, Xata's software is optimized to run on all form factors and supports many operating systems including the industry-leading Android.
The eight new devices now certified to run Xata Turnpike, including six tablets and one smartphone that use the Android operating system, feature a variety of productivity-enhancing tools. Supported by mobile carrier partners AT&T, Sprint and Verizon, the eight new devices include:
- Acer Iconia a500 tablet on the AT&T network. Features a 10-inch LCD touch display, making it easy to interact with, and high-end resolution for easy reading. The 5-megapixel rear-facing camera plus front-facing camera are ideal for capturing proof of delivery and other daily tasks.
- ZTE Optik tablet on the Sprint network. Combines 3G mobility and Wi-Fi speed to deliver connectivity drivers need to keep in touch. Features a 7-inch touchscreen and optional mobile hotspot allowing drivers to share a Wi-Fi connection with up to five other devices.
- Huawei MediaPad 7 tablet on the AT&T network. The MediaPad’s size and speed make it easy and flexible to use. Five-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera give truckers the ability to take high-quality pictures for tasks including proof of delivery, load damage and other scenarios.
- Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone/tablet on the AT&T network. This crossover phone/tablet features a large screen, and an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2-megapixel front-facing camera ideal for capturing proof of delivery or product damage. Also features the S Pen™ stylus, allowing drivers to take notes and capture necessary signatures.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet on the AT&T network. Features a high-quality screen; 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2.0-megapixel front-facing camera for proof of delivery, product damage and other driver scenarios; 4G speed and 1.5 GHz, ARM9 dual core processor.
- Pantech Element tablet on the AT&T network. This semi-rugged tablet is dustproof and waterproof, making it ideal for use in the transportation industry. Features an 8-inch screen, robust 1.5 GHz processor, front- and rear-facing cameras, and up to 12 hours of use time.
- Kyocera DuraPlus smartphone on the Sprint network. Ideal for harsh operating environments, it’s waterproof for up to 30 minutes in up to one meter of water and certified to Military Standard 810G for resistance to dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, humidity and blowing rain. It also features a dedicated flashlight, brew operating system and heavy duty remote speaker and microphone.
- Motorola Droid X2 smartphone on the Verizon network. Features the speed of a dual-core processor, 4.3-inch high definition screen and an 8-megapixel camera. It also comes standard with business-ready security, keeping work and personal information safe and secure through data encryption on both the device and SD card.
“Bringing our award-winning solutions to these cutting-edge devices enables us to better meet the diverse needs of our growing list of customers,” says Schenk. “Whatever their on-the-road mobility needs, Xata Turnpike runs on a mobile device that can help provide better value and functionality.”
Xata Corporation (NASDAQ: XATA) provides intuitive, automated fleet management software solutions to the trucking industry. By delivering real-time critical information on vehicle and driver performance, Xata makes it easy for fleet managers, dispatchers and drivers to collect, sort, view and analyze data to help reduce costs, increase safety and compliance, and improve customer satisfaction.
Our award-winning solutions include 1) XataNet, a full-featured, enterprise-wide solution that helps private and for-hire fleets drive continuous improvement, and 2) Xata Turnpike, a technologically advanced, low-cost, easy-to-install solution that runs on drivers’ existing cell phones, smartphones and tablet computers. Both solutions help fleet managers and drivers meet established and emerging electronic onboard recorder (EOBR) regulations. We also offer a portfolio of professional services, including implementation, training and consulting, to help our customers deliver bottom-line results. For more information, visit www.xata.com or call 1.800.745.9282.
# # #