Beginning October 26, TripAlertz.com Will Revolutionize the Impulse Getaway Market By Combining Collective Buying Power with Private Sales
The first travel website of its kind, the TripAlertz™ community is free to join and offers epic savings on premium hotels and resorts
Boston, Mass. (October 25, 2010) - Beginning October 26th, TripAlertz.com will break new ground, combining the purchasing power of its members with social networking to offer impulse getaway packages with prices that start 30 to 50 percent below the leading public online travel sites. Members of this free private sales community will have access to exclusive deals featuring epic savings for premium hotels and resorts in popular destinations like Miami, Orlando, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, and Cancun, just to name a few. TripAlertz offers compelling value to travelers who have less money or vacation time and feel the need to rejuvenate. Travelers can join the TripAlertz community in 10 seconds by entering their email address at http://www.tripalertz.com.
To take advantage of the epic savings, members collaborate to book premium getaways within a two-week booking period. The starting price for each deal, the "Member’s Price", offers an average savings of 30 percent off the leading public online travel sites. Each deal gets even better via the power of collective buying, when an average 10-20 percent additional discount kicks in once a specified number of members book the deal (the "Epic Price"). Once the deal clock hits zero, everyone pays the same low price.
During the booking period, members can opt-in to receive TripAlertz! via SMS messages on their mobile phone, or via e-mail, so they can feel the excitement when the price drops on the deal they are participating in. Once booked, members can opt to meet, share advice, and create friendship with their fellow travelers on a private collaboration page before traveling, a feature that no private or group buying site currently offers.
"Our goal is for TripAlertz to revolutionize the impulse getaway market by offering a compelling value and experience for travelers who may have less money, vacation time, and want travel advice from people who have a vested interest in the success of the trip," says Brendan P. Murphy, founder of TripAlertz. "Today’s travel sites make travel a transaction, a robotic process that eliminates the inherent social, cultural, and experiential elements of travel. TripAlertz will extend the travel experience online, while also providing travelers prices for impulse getaways that are 30 to 50 percent below the leading online travel sites through the power of collective buying."
Epic savings, a focus on impulse getaways, and the absolute best travel advice, aren’t the only ways TripAlertz differs from other travel sites. It offers a variety of programs that make every deal even more attractive, including:
- Added Value – TripAlertz negotiates added incentives and discounts as a standard inclusion. For example, two-night stays at a luxury resort with two free massages and breakfast, or a free bottle of wine for being one of the first 50 people to book a particular getaway (the Early Bird Advantage).
- Trip Ideas - TripAlertz listens to its members, encouraging them to submit ideas for getaways they’d like featured on the site. The TripAlertz community votes on their favorites, and each month, the three most popular Trip Ideas become deals on the site. And the best part: The member who submitted the deal with the highest booking volume travels for free.
- Invite Friends, Travel Free – TripAlertz gives members incentives for inviting friends to join the community, called Trip Cash™. Members earn $1 in Trip Cash for every friend that joins by December 31, 2010. Friends are not required to book, just join for free. There’s no limit on how much Trip Cash that can be used per booking until December 31, 2011. So by inviting enough friends, members could travel for free.
TripAlertz is also committed to partnering with non-profit organizations that reduce suffering or further environmental sustainability, including:
- $1 to Haiti Relief for Every New Member – TripAlertz has pledged to donate $1 to aHomeinHaiti.org for every new member who joins the community through November (up to $100,000 total). This follows a $32,000 donation to the charity as part of the TwitChange Celebrity Tweet Auction, and celebrities like Eva Longoria, Ryan Seacrest, Tony Hawk, Demi Moore, Lenny Kravitz, Tony Robbins and others are helping to spread the word.
- 1% of Direct Revenue to Sustainability Efforts - For every sale generated, TripAlertz donates 1% of its direct revenue to the member’s choice of the following sustainability efforts: Tourism Cares, The Pachamama Alliance, Global Coherence Initiative, or Carbonfund.org. If the member does not choose, TripAlertz will split the money between all four causes.
"TripAlertz and our investors are committed to making philanthropy a core component of our business model," says Murphy. "Every member who signs up to the site can feel good because they are helping a wonderful cause like aHomeinHaiti.org. Further, for every friend you invite, that is more money to a great cause, plus Trip Cash that can be used toward your trip. It’s a true win-win."