Interim Report, January – March 2017: Zinzino continues to deliver strong growth and is well prepared for increased profitability
The first quarter of 2017 for Zinzino AB (publ .) saw sales increase by 16% as forecasted. Investment in new technology over this period means they are now well prepared for maintaining growth and increasing profitability.
’’Profitability will double as a result of investment in the digital shift that will simplify and streamline multiple processes in support, finance, logistics, IT and sales. It means our need for investment in technology or staff will be significantly lower as growth increases. In addition, we will also be able to reduce costs in both production and procurement of products and services as volumes increase.”, writes Dag Bergheim Pettersen, CEO of Zinzino in his comments on the report.
- Total revenue increased by 16% (1%) and amounted to MSEK 128.2 (110.7).
- Zinzino’s production subsidiary Faun Pharma AS increased its external sales by 79% (3%) and amounted to MSEK 17.0 (9.5).
- The Health product segment increased by 17% (16%) amounted to MSEK 89.3 (76.6).
- Strong growth in the Swedish domestic market with a rise of 58% (47%).
- Gross profit amounted to MSEK 39.0 (39.2) and a profit margin of 30.4% (35.4%).
- EBITDA amounted to MSEK 5.8 (8.2) with an operating margin before amortization amounted to 4.5% (7.4%).
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK 3.5 (5.9) with a profit margin of 2.7% (5.4%).
For a copy of the complete Interim Report visit
For more information:
Dag Bergheim Pettersen, CEO Zinzino, Tel. +47 (0) 93 22 57 00
Pictures for publication free of charge: Marcus Tollbom, Tel. + 46 (0) 70 190 03 12
Certified Adviser: Erik Penser bank
Zinzino AB (publ) is obliged to publish this information in compliance with current EU regulations governing market abuse. The information was provided by the above contact person for publication at 09.00 am on 10th of May, 2017.
Zinzino AB (publ.) is a direct sales company which operates throughout Europe and North America. Zinzino markets and sells products in two product lines, Zinzino Health, with a focus on long-term health, and Zinzino Coffee, consisting of espresso machines, coffee and tea.
Zinzino owns Norwegian research unit BioActive Foods AS and the production unit Faun Pharma AS. Zinzino has more than 120 employees. The company has its headquarters in Gothenburg, and offices in Helsinki, Riga and Oslo, and in Florida, United States. Zinzino is a publicly held limited company and its shares are listed on Nasdaq First North.
Zinzino was designated in 2016 both as one of Veckans Affärer’s ”Super Companies” and as Dagens Industri’s Gazelle Company.