Adapteo launches its new sustainability strategy
Adapteo Plc Press Release 29 October 2020, at 13.15 p.m. CET
The flexible real estate provider Adapteo is launching a new sustainability strategy with a focus on climate-smart buildings, innovation for sustainability and inclusive societies. The strategy draws up the guidelines for the activities in the future, with the aim of becoming a driving force in the transition to a circular and sustainable construction and real estate industry.
The sustainability strategy originates in the UN’s Global Sustainable Development Goals*. Based on the three strategic pillars of climate-smart buildings, innovation for sustainability and inclusive societies, Adapteo will measure and report on the company’s sustainability work on an annual basis.
– Adapteo’s business model is in its essence circular, with buildings that can be reused time after time. We are now strengthening our sustainability work even further, through an increased focus on the areas where we have the most impact. Our ambition is to become the most sustainable company in the industry, and our new sustainability strategy provides a clear foundation and direction for setting concrete targets and objectives. We look forward to launching these in the first part of 2021, says Philip Isell Lind af Hageby, President and CEO at Adapteo.
The first pillar focuses on climate-smart buildings, where important focus areas are to offer energy-efficient buildings, to use climate-smart materials and to increase resource efficiency in production. Today, Adapteo already uses wood to a large extent and has an efficient industrial production. Moving forward, the use of certified, renewable, recycled, and recyclable materials will be increased, and a switch towards climate-neutral production and fossil-free transportation.
The second pillar is about investing in innovation for sustainability. The aim is to close the loop further and reduce the environmental impact during the usage phase. The company’s ambition is to increase the reuse and recycling of products and materials and reduce CO2 emissions during the entire life cycle.
– Buildings today account for 36 per cent of CO2 emissions in the EU**, while we at the same time need to meet increasing demand. Adaptable buildings and circular solutions have an important role to play here; by building resilient societies ready for change, with the smallest possible environmental impact, says Hanna Wennberg, Senior Vice President Marketing, Communication and Sustainability at Adapteo.
The third pillar is about contributing to a more inclusive society. The focus here is both on the company’s role as an employer and as an active partner in the local community. As an employer, Adapteo will work actively to increase diversity both in operational roles and executive roles, with a focus on gender, age and diverse backgrounds. Externally, cooperation with organisations in the local community will be increased to meet the demands of a growing population.
In addition, Adapteo will further strengthen the protection of human rights and the environment in its operation and the supply chain, through an update of its code of conduct. Responsible business practices are ingrained to the operation, and close cooperation with other stakeholders in the value chain is an important factor for success in implementing the new sustainability strategy.
*The UN Sustainable Development Goals
Adapteo’s sustainability strategy focuses on the following goals:
Goal 4: Quality education
- Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
- Goal 9: industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production
- Goal 13: Climate action
For additional information, please contact
Hanna Wennberg, SVP Marketing, Communication & Sustainability
+46 76 256 10 62, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adapteo in brief
Adapteo is a leading flexible real estate provider in Northern Europe. We build, rent out and sell adaptable buildings for schools, daycare centres, care, offices, accommodation and events. We know that our society will go through an immense change in the years to come. Whatever the future brings, we believe that adaptability is the best solution. With our buildings, we can transform, repurpose, scale up and scale down in a matter of weeks by using a modular and circular building concept. Our buildings can be used for a few days or indefinitely, always optimised for current needs. That is how we build adaptable societies.
Adapteo is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and operates in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark and Germany. In 2019, Adapteo’s Net sales were EUR 216 million.