Interim Report for the period 1 January – 30 September 2012
Third quarter (1 July – 30 September 2012)
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to MSEK 41 (41).
- Operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) was MSEK 28 (40).
- Operating profit (EBIT) amounted to MSEK 5 (18).
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK -16 (5).
- Net profit amounted to MSEK -12 (4) which corresponds to SEK neg (0.12) SEK per share.
- Production amounted to 73 (59) GWh and average income per MWh was SEK 557 (682), of which SEK 314 (381) per MWh refers to electricity and SEK 243 (301) per MWh refers to electricity certificates.
- The project company Solberg Vindkraft AB (”Solberg”), which holds a permit to construct more than 40 wind turbines, has been acquired, and an agreement has been reached regarding the right to acquire the wind power project Skaftåsen, with a maximum output of approximately 400 MW.
First nine months (1 January – 30 September 2012)
- Net sales for the period amounted to MSEK 147 (121).
- Operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) was MSEK 120 (102).
- Operating profit (EBIT) amounted to MSEK 46 (51).
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK -11 (25).
- Net profit amounted to MSEK -8 (19) which corresponds to SEK neg (0.60) per share.
- Production amounted to 242 (160) GWh and average income per MWh was SEK 609 (759), of which SEK 370 (450) per MWh refers to electricity and SEK 239 (310) per MWh refers to electricity certificates.
Significant events after the end of the reporting period
- Broadened business model and a new goal to have 1,000 MW constructed and under manag-ement by the end of 2017, of which 500 MW will remain in the ownership of the Company.
- An option agreement has been signed with Ownpower Projects AB, giving Arise the right to acquire three projects, totalling approximately 300 MW.
Halmstad, 7 November 2012
ARISE WINDPOWER AB (publ)
The information contained herein constitutes information which Arise Windpower AB is legally required to publish under the Swedish Securities Market Act (2007:528) and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act (1991:980). The information was released for publication at 08.00 on 7 November 2012.
For further information, please contact
Peter Nygren, CEO Arise Windpower AB, +46 706 300 680
Thomas Johansson, CFO Arise Windpower AB, +46 768 211 115
About Arise Windpower
Arise Windpower is one of Sweden’s leading companies in onshore wind power. Its business concept is to sell electricity generated at the company’s own wind turbines. The company’s target is to have 1,000 MW of onshore wind power constructed and under management by 2017, of which 500 MW will remain in the ownership of the company. Arise Windpower is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
Arise Windpower AB (publ), Box 808, 301 18 Halmstad, tel. +46 35 20 20 900, Corporate Identity Number 556274-6726