Asarina Pharma Year-End Report 2018 shows solid progress
Stockholm, 25 February, 2019: Asarina Pharma AB releases its Year-End Report including financials for the fourth quarter 2018 and for the full year 2018. (READ THE FULL YEAR-END REPORT IN PDF HERE.)
Fourth Quarter 2018: FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Net sales amounted to 0 (0) kSEK
- Operating loss was - – 20,481 (-7 364) kSEK
- Loss per share, before dilution, SEK -0.88 (-0.45)
- On 31 December 2018 Asarina had total cash and cash equivalents of 141 543 kSEK
We received SEK 6.3 million in October in proceeds from the green shoe connected to the IPO. We maintained strict management of our expenses and entered 2019 with a solid cash position.
THE QUARTER IN BRIEF
- PMDD: we have maintained steady momentum in recruitment and we are aiming to complete the study before the end of 2019 with topline results available Q1-2020
- Menstrual Migraine: we finalized the clinical protocol and have signed the contract with Scandinavian CRO for our Phase IIA study in our first-in-class prophylactic treatment specifically for MM
- Upscaling production: we have initiated scale-up of production of Sepranolone, to prepare for Phase III trials and market release
- Partnering and investors: we are keeping pharma companies active in Women´s Health informed of our progress in preparation for a potential licensing agreement when our Phase IIB data in PMDD become available
CEO: “The fourth quarter was a productive period for the Asarina Team. Our vision of helping more women remain in control of their lives has powered our steady progress through the fourth quarter of 2018.”
For further information, please contact:
Peter Nordkild, CEO, Asarina Pharma AB
Phone: +45 25 47 16 46
Jakob Dynnes Hansen, CFO, Asarina Pharma AB
Phone: +45 5132 3698
Erik Penser Bank AB
Phone: +46 8-463 83 00
About Asarina Pharma
We are a Swedish biotech company developing Sepranolone, the world’s first dedicated treatment for premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and other menstrual-related conditions. Our product pipeline is built on over 40 years’ research into menstrual-related disorders like PMDD and menstrual migraine. With our new family of GAMSA compounds (GABAAModulating Steroid Antagonists), we aim to deliver a new generation of efficacious and safe drugs for still widely untreated conditions, thereby becoming a leading Women’s Health company.
The press release was submitted for publication by the CEO at 08.30 CET on 25 February, 2019.