Atlas Copco: First-quarter report 2021
Record order intake and improved revenue and profit
The comparison figures presented in this report refer to previous year unless otherwise stated.
- Order intake increased 9% to record MSEK 30 468 (28 039), organic growth of 18%
- Revenues increased 4% to MSEK 26 021 (25 098), organic growth of 13%
- Operating profit increased 5% to MSEK 5 387 (5 124), corresponding to a margin of 20.7% (20.4)
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, was MSEK 5 649 (5 099), corresponding to a margin of 21.7% (20.3)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 5 343 (5 010)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 3.38 (3.16)
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 4 321 (3 825)
- Return on capital employed was 23% (29)
Near-term demand outlook
Although the world’s economic development remains uncertain, Atlas Copco expects that the customers’ business activity level will remain at the high current level.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published January 29, 2021):
Although the world’s economic development remains uncertain, Atlas Copco expects that the demand for the Group’s products and services will remain at current level.
For more information please contact:
Daniel Althoff, Vice President Investor Relations
+46 76 899 9597
Sara Liljedal, Media Relations Manager
+46 72 144 1038
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 12:00 CEST on April 27, 2021.
Atlas Copco Group
Our industrial ideas empower our customers to grow and drive society forward. This is how we create a better tomorrow. Atlas Copco is a global industrial group, founded in 1873 in Stockholm. In 2020 we had revenues of BSEK100 (BEUR 10) and at year end about 40 000 employees. For more information: www.atlascopcogroup.com