Axfood AB Year-End Report 2000
• Consolidated sales totaled SEK 30,230 m (29,077) an increase of 4 percent.
• Income after financial items amounted to SEK 0 m (261). Adjusted for items affecting comparability, income after financial items totaled SEK 162 m (337).
• Operating income amounted to SEK 112 m (344). Income adjusted for items affecting comparability totaled SEK 274 m (420).
• Fourth-quarter results were hurt by higher costs in connection with the conversion and refining of the store structure, and a weakening trend for Hemköp and Spar Finland.
• New business strategy devised and established during the year.
• Work is under way pertaining to a number of critical success factors, such as brand refinement, coordinated purchasing, store conversions, and development of private label products.
• New organizational structure implemented and new corporate management appointed at Hemköp and Spar Finland.
• The board proposes no dividend be payed for the 2000 fiscal year (SEK 2.60)