Interim Report, Axfood AB (publ.) for the period 1 January – 30 September 2002
· Consolidated sales amounted to SEK 24,535 m (23,872), an increase of 2.8 per cent.
Retail sales for Axfood’s wholly owned businesses in Sweden rose by 10.3 per cent.
· Operating profit for the period January – September totalled SEK 752 m (498).
· Operating profit for the third quarter was SEK 302 m (160), an increase of 89
percent compared with the third quarter a year ago. The Willys chain, Dagab and
Axfood Närlivs made the strongest earnings contributions.
· Profit after net financial items increased by SEK 267 m, to SEK 670 m (403).
· Axfood has acquired three stores in the Norrköping area. The stores have combined
annual sales of SEK 500 m and will be Willys stores.