Interim Report Axfood AB 1 Jan.-31 March 2014
First quarter summary
- Axfood’s consolidated sales for the period January–March totalled SEK 8,946 m (8,950), a change of 0.0%. Easter was in April, compared with March a year ago.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores decreased by 0.5% during the period.
- Like-for-like sales decreased by 2.3% during the period.
- Operating profit for the period was SEK 246 m (254).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 242 m (247) for the period.
- Profit after tax totalled SEK 189 m (194) for the period, and earnings per share were SEK 3.57 (3.69).
- Axfood’s goal for 2014 is to exceed the level of profit achieved in 2013.
Axfood AB conducts food retail and wholesale business in Sweden. Retail business is conducted through the wholly owned store chains Willys and Hemköp, comprising 252 stores in all. In addition, Axfood collaborates with a number of proprietor-run stores that are tied to Axfood through agreements. These include stores within the Hemköp as well as stores run under the Handlar’n and Tempo profiles. In all, Axfood collaborates with approximately 820 proprietor-run stores. Wholesaling is conducted through Dagab and Axfood Närlivs. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB's Large Cap list. Axel Johnson AB is the principal owner, with 50,1% of the shares.