Axis Communications presents its sustainability report for 2013
Axis Communications today publishes its sustainability report for 2013. In Axis’ fourth sustainability report, the company describes the year’s successful work in the areas of environmental responsibility, business conduct and social responsibility.
“Sustainability issues are an integrated part of Axis’ business operations and I am happy about the progress we have made in terms of minimizing our environmental impact, promoting good working conditions and fighting corruption. Our employees’ commitment and efforts play a very important role in ensuring sustainable and successful growth for Axis in the longer term,” says Ray Mauritsson, President, Axis Communications.
Axis’ intelligent security solutions enable a smarter and safer world, and Axis takes long-term social responsibility for how its operations impact employees, shareholders, partners, suppliers, end users and other important target groups. As global market leader, Axis aims to drive the shift towards innovative security solutions, but also when it comes to advancing corporate sustainability.
“Based on our position as global market leader, we want to serve as a model for our industry, and many of our sustainability initiatives have substantial commercial benefits for us as well as for our partners and end users,” says Ray Mauritsson.
Business relations should be handled in a responsible, transparent and trustworthy way. Environmental considerations pervade everything from product development to logistics flows and the final stage of products. Axis’ products and solutions feature leading edge technologies, which are environmentally friendly and energy-efficient in the end-use phase.
The most important measures implemented by Axis during the year included:
- a comprehensive program for employees and distributors in order to counter corruption, bribes and conflicts of interest
- continual audits of subcontractors; to ensure that they comply with Axis’ requirements relating to environmental responsibility as well as working environment and safety
new requirements for component suppliers and a new requirement concerning so-called conflict minerals has been added to the code of conduct, which Axis applies for its suppliers
- two new configuration and logistics centers, in Suzhou, China and in Memphis, USA, which will provide increased capacity in the important US market and the presence in China will also mean greater proximity to the suppliers that are located in the region and thus reduce transports
- phase-out of PVC in several products
- optimization and reducing the size of certain product packaging, which will generate a positive effect both on the environmental impact of transports and the volume of consumables
- entrepreneurial spirit, openness and commitment has been strengthened through a variety of activities such as training in the company's core values and international introductory courses.
The sustainability report may be downloaded on: http://www.axis.com/corporate/sustainability/index.htm
For further information, please contact: Margareta Lantz, Manager Corporate Communications & PR, Axis Communications Phone: 46 46 272 18 00, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Axis Communications
Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to customers through a global partner network. Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets.
Axis has more than 1,600 dedicated employees in more than 40 countries around the world, supported by a network of over 65,000 partners across 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS. For more information about Axis, please visit our website www.axis.com