ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF BEIJER ALMA AB (PUBL)
EXTRACT FROM PRESIDENT BERTIL PERSSON’S STATEMENT AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Group as a whole has experienced favorable demand in early 2017. Lesjöfors has delivered the strongest performance, primarily due to increased sales of chassis springs after a somewhat weaker 2016. Industrial Springs is also displaying favorable growth. Habia’s sales of cables for base-station antennas are increasing sharply. The company’s other customer segments are showing a slightly weaker trend, mainly due to lower invoicing in the nuclear power segment. The measures taken in the preceding year are having a positive impact on Beijer Tech’s profitability.
Overall, our outlook remains favorable, which means that both invoicing and earnings for the first quarter are expected to improve compared with the year-earlier period.
RESOLUTIONS PASSED AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The following resolutions were passed at the Annual General Meeting:
- A dividend of SEK 9.50 was approved for 2016. The dividend will be distributed by Euroclear Sweden beginning April 5, 2017.
- A fixed director’s fee of SEK 325,000 (300,000) is to be paid to each of the regular members of the Board of Directors. A fixed director’s fee of SEK 950,000 (900,000) was approved for the Chairman of the Board. For the Audit Committee, a fixed fee of SEK 75,000 was approved for each member. A fixed fee of SEK 125,000 is to be paid to the Chairman of the Committee. The Board formed a separate Audit Committee in October 2016. It was resolved that the members of the Audit Committee are be paid a retroactive fee of SEK 50,000 per member and SEK 80,000 for the Chairman of the Committee. Auditors’ fees will be paid according to approved invoices.
- The following directors were re-elected as regular Board members: Carina Andersson, Anders G. Carlberg, Peter Nilsson, Caroline af Ugglas, Anders Ullberg and Johan Wall. Johnny Alvarsson was elected as a new Board member. Johan Wall was elected as Chairman of the Board. Marianne Brismar has declined re-election.
- Öhrlings PricewaterhouseCoopers was re-elected as the company’s auditor with a period in office of one year.
- Prior to the 2018 Annual General Meeting, the company will apply a nomination procedure whereby Anders Wall, in his capacity as principal owner, and Johan Wall, in his capacity as Chairman of the Board, as well as three representatives of the next largest shareholders appointed by the Annual General Meeting, will form a Nomination Committee. The Nomination Committee will submit motions concerning the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Board, directors’ fees, committee fees, auditor, auditor’s fees and the Chairman of the Annual General Meeting. Accordingly, in addition to the individuals named above, the Annual General Meeting resolved to appoint Vegard Søraunet (ODIN Fonder), Hans Ek (SEB Fonder) and Henrik Didner (Didner & Gerge AB) to the Nomination Committee.
- The Board of Directors was authorized, disapplying the shareholders’ preferential rights, to make decisions concerning the issue of not more than 3,000,000 new Class B shares or convertible debentures carrying the right to not more than 3,000,000 new Class B shares upon exchange for the purpose of corporate acquisitions.
The interim report for the first quarter will be published on May 4.
BEIJER ALMA AB (publ)
Board of Directors
For more information, please contact:
Bertil Persson, President and CEO of Beijer Alma AB, Tel: +46 8 506 427 50
Beijer Alma AB (publ) is an international industrial group focused on component production and industrial trading. The Group includes Lesjöfors, which is one of Europe’s largest spring manufactures, Habia Cable, one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of custom-designed cables, and Beijer Tech, which holds strong positions in industrial trading in the Nordic region. Beijer Alma is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Mid Cap list.