Press release from the Annual General Meeting of Beijer Alma AB (publ) on March 23, 2021
Beijer Alma AB (publ) held its Annual General Meeting on March 23, 2021. As a result of the extraordinary situation prevailing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Meeting was carried out by way of advance voting (postal voting), with no physical participation, with the support of temporary statutory requirements. The speeches by the Chairman and the CEO have been published on the company’s website, www.beijeralma.se.
The following is a summary of the resolutions passed by the Meeting. For full details regarding all of the resolutions passed, refer to the Annual General Meeting documents available on the company’s website.
RESOLUTIONS PASSED AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- Adoption of the balance sheet and income statement: The balance sheets and income statements for 2020 for the Parent Company and Group were adopted.
- Appropriation of profit: In accordance with the Board’s motion, a dividend to shareholders of SEK 3.00 was approved for 2020. The record date for dividends was set at March 25, 2021. The dividend is expected to be distributed beginning March 30, 2021.
- Discharge from liability: The members of the Board and the President were discharged from liability for the 2020 financial year.
- Board of Directors: Directors Johnny Alvarsson, Carina Andersson, Oskar Hellström, Hans Landin, Caroline af Ugglas and Johan Wall were re-elected. Johan Wall was re-elected as Chairman of the Board.
- Directors’ fees/fixed salary: A fixed fee of SEK 325,000 was approved for each of the regular members of the Board of Directors, except the Chairman of the Board. A fixed fee of SEK 950,000 was approved for the Chairman of the Board. For the Audit Committee, a fixed fee of SEK 75,000 was approved for each member, except the Chairman of the Committee. A fixed fee of SEK 125,000 was approved for the Chairman of the Audit Committee. For the Remuneration Committee, a fixed fee of SEK 25,000 was approved for each member, except the Chairman of the Committee. A fixed fee of SEK 50,000 was approved for the Chairman of the Remuneration Committee.
- Auditors: KPMG AB was re-elected as the company’s auditor with a period in office of one year. KPMG AB has announced that Authorized Public Accountant Helena Arvidsson Älgne will be appointed as Chief Auditor. Auditors’ fees are to be paid in accordance with approved invoices.
- Nomination Committee Ahead of the 2022 Annual General Meeting, it was resolved that the company is to apply essentially the same principles for the Nomination Committee as in the preceding year and that the Annual General Meeting is to appoint the members of the Nomination Committee. This resolution entails that the Nomination Committee would comprise Chairman of the Board Johan Wall, Anders G. Carlberg as a representative of the principal owner, and three representatives of the next largest shareholders who have indicated their willingness to participate in the Nomination Committee, namely Jonathan Schönbäck (Odin Fonder), Mats Gustafsson (Lannebo Fonder) and Malin Björkmo (Handelsbanken Fonder). Anders G. Carlberg was appointed Chairman of the Nomination Committee.
- Authorization: The Board of Directors was authorized to make decisions, on one or more occasions, regarding issues of new Class B shares or convertible debentures carrying the right to new Class B shares for the purpose of carrying out acquisitions, disapplying the shareholders’ preferential rights. However, such issues may not cause the company’s registered share capital on the date of the Annual General Meeting to increase by more than a total of 10 percent.
- Remuneration report: The Board’s remuneration report for 2020 was approved.
- Amendment of Articles of Association: The amendments to the Articles of Association proposed by the Board were approved.
The interim report for the first quarter will be published on April 26, 2021.
BEIJER ALMA AB (publ)
Board of Directors
If you have any questions, please contact:
Henrik Perbeck, President and CEO, Telephone +46 18 15 71 60, email@example.com
Beijer Alma AB (publ) is an international industrial group that focuses on component production and industrial supplies. The Group includes Lesjöfors, one of Europe’s largest spring manufacturers, Habia Cable, one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of custom-designed cables and Beijer Tech, with strong positions in industrial supplies in the Nordic region. Beijer Alma is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm Mid Cap.
Beijer Alma AB (publ)
Dragarbrunnsgatan 45, Box 1747, SE-751 47 Uppsala, Sweden. Telephone +46 18 15 71 60.
Registered office: Uppsala. Corp. Reg. No: 556229-7480. www.beijeralma.se