BLS to provide asbestos removal at Ancoats Towers, Manchester
One of the most significant projects BLS Asbestos Ltd will have carried out to date will be the full removal of all asbestos containing materials to three 13 storey tower blocks situated in Ancoats, Manchester.
The former social housing blocks were built in the 1950s but were closed by council chiefs in 1994 after falling into disrepair. Renovation of the three high-rise buildings (off Butler Street, Manchester) is due to commence in October 2013, with nearly 200 much-needed new homes created for the area.
BLS Asbestos will be carrying out asbestos removal from all three blocks, which will then be followed by the full refurbishment programme.
Ward councillor for Ancoats, Manchester, Jim Battle said that revamping the ‘eyesore’ towers would breathe new life into the surrounding area. “A new and inspirational Saltford Court, Chippenham Court and Rodney Court will be a welcome catalyst for wider regeneration.”
Find out more about BLS Asbestos' removal service here.
For media information please contact Jenny Green at Smart Arts on 01484 685544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BLS Asbestos is a leading service provider in the survey and removal of asbestos.
- 3 year licence granted by the Health and Safety Executive to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal (Licence Number 991304287).
- Licence to transport hazardous waste (Waste Carriers Registration Number YRI/445417), awarded by the Environment Agency, allowing us to safely transport and dispose of the asbestos once removal has been completed.
- Full Contracting Member of ARCA (Asbestos Removal Contractors Association) the UK's premier association for asbestos removal contractors, including their prestigious Site Audit Accreditation Scheme (SAAS) quality assurance award stating our work procedures surpass their stringent high standards.
- We also hold health and safety accreditations including ‘CHAS’ and ‘Constructionline’.
- Headquarters ideally placed within the M62 corridor to deliver projects in Yorkshire, Lancashire, Merseyside and Lincolnshire, plus a London office to ensure nationwide coverage.