BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ) – Full Year Report 2018
In a press release published on February 27 at 08.00 regarding BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB, the full-year report was included as a link. With this press release the report is included as an attachment. The report is also available on BONESUPPORT's website.
Lund, Sweden, 09.00 CET, 28 February 2018 – BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ) - listed on Nasdaq Stockholm - an emerging leader in orthobiologics for the management of bone voids, today publish the financial report for the fourth quarter and the full year 2018.
POSITIVE RESULTS FROM THE CERTIFY STUDY AND CONTINUED STRONG GROWTH IN EUROPE
1 OCTOBER– 31 DECEMBER 2018
▪ Net sales amounted to SEK 23.1 million (27.0), a decrease of 15%. The lower turnover should be valued in the perspective of the transition to a new distribution structure in the US with sales start on October 23, 2018. The Europe & ROW segment reports continued strong growth and increased 31% compared with the corresponding period last year.
▪ Gross margin of 85% (83).
▪ Operating loss of SEK -45.0 million (-33.4).
▪ Earnings per share before and after dilution was SEK -0.88 SEK (-1.03).
1 JANUARY – 31 DECEMBER 2018
▪ Net sales amounted to SEK 96.6 million (129.3), a decrease of 25%. The segment Europe & ROW increased with 22% and net sales in the segment North America decreased with 56%.
▪ Gross margin of 84% (87).
▪ Operating loss of SEK -174.4 million (-99.3).
▪ Earnings per share before and after dilution was SEK -3.46 SEK (-3.24).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS 1 OCTOBER – 31 DECEMBER 2018
▪ BONESUPPORT's new distributor network, which at the end of the period included 38 independent distributors, started the sale of CERAMENT BVF on October 23, 2018, at the same time Zimmer Biomet's exclusivity for CERAMENT BVF ended.
▪ In November, the first results of the CERTiFy study were presented, showing that CERAMENT BVF is a strong alternative to autograft.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER PERIOD END
▪ BONESUPPORT announced on January 4, 2019 that Annelie Aava Vikner will join as new Executive Vice President Global Marketing & Communications in March.
“The result from CERTiFy shows that CERAMENT is a strong alternative to autograft. This is groundbreaking and can lead to an improved standard treatment of bone defects that does not heal naturally”.
Emil Billbäck, CEO
The Full Year Report 2018 is available by the following links:
Outside the US: https://www.bonesupport.com/en-eu/interim-reports-2018/
A presentation will be hosted today at 10.00 CET and is accessed by telephone or via web. The presentation will be in English with the opportunity to ask questions following the presentation.
The dial-in numbers for the conference call are:
Hosts: Emil Billbäck, CEO, and Håkan Johansson, CFO
For more information contact:
Emil Billbäck, CEO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
Håkan Johansson, CFO
+46(0) 46 286 53 70
BONESUPPORT (Nasdaq Stockholm: BONEX) develops and commercializes innovative injectable bio-ceramic bone graft substitutes that remodel to the patient’s own bone and have the capability of eluting drugs. BONESUPPORT’s bone graft substitutes are based on the patented technology platform CERAMENT. The company is conducting several clinical studies to further demonstrate the clinical and health economic benefits its products deliver and a Premarket approval filing with the FDA (USA) for CERAMENT G is planned in 2020. The company is based in Lund, Sweden, and the net sales amounted to SEK 129 million in 2017. Please visit www.bonesupport.com for more information.
BONESUPPORT and CERAMENT are registered trademarks.