Interim Report January-September 2018
With the new financing in place for the next three years, Bong is now ready to continue the business development within both envelopes and light packaging. The positive sales trend continued for both segments in the third quarter. The profit margin increased slightly during the third quarter despite the continued price increases on raw material, says Bong’s CEO Kai Steigleder.
July – September 2018
- Net sales increased to SEK 536 million (491)
- Operating profit before depreciation increased to SEK 22 million (13)
- Operating profit increased to SEK 12 million (2)
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK -4 million (-13)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.02 (-0.06)
- Cash flow after investing activities amounted to SEK -12 million (9)
- The work to refinance Bong’s bond has been finalized
January – September 2018
- Net sales increased to SEK 1,617 million (1,517)
- Operating profit before depreciation increased to SEK 66 million (62)
- Operating profit increased to SEK 33 million (28)
- Non-recurring items in operating profit amounted to SEK 6 million (0)
- Non-recurring items in the finance net amounted to SEK -10 million (0)
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK -25 million (-17)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.12 (-0.08)
- Cash flow after investing activities amounted to SEK -59 million (16)
Bong is one of the leading providers of specialty packaging and envelope products in Europe and offers solutions for distribution and packaging of information, advertising materials and lightweight goods. Important growth areas in the Group are packaging within retail and e-commerce and the envelope market within Eastern Europe. The Group has annual sales of approximately SEK 2.2 billion and about 1,400 employees in 12 countries.
Bong has strong market positions in most of the important markets in Europe and the Group sees interesting possibilities for continued development. Bong is a public limited company and its shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (Small Cap).
For further information, please contact Kai Steigleder, CEO for Bong AB. Tel (switchboard) +46 44-20 70 00
This is information that Bong AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 CET on November 15th 2018.