Cantargia publishes interim report for third quarter 2021
Cantargia AB’s (”Cantargia”) interim report for the period January until September 2021 is now available on the company’s web page www.cantargia.com/en/investors/financial-reports.
Significant events in the third quarter
- New positive interim data on treatment of patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in the CANFOUR study were presented at the ESMO conference; next steps were initiated for expansion of the clinical development of nadunolimab and platinum-based chemotherapy in non-squamous NSCLC.
- The CIRIFOUR study was fully recruited; next steps were also initiated for expansion in non-squamous NSCLC evaluating nadunolimab in combination with platinum-based chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Patient recruitment was completed for the extension cohort in pancreatic cancer in CANFOUR and nadunolimab was granted orphan drug status by the FDA for treatment of pancreatic cancer.
- The first patient was treated in CAPAFOUR, approval was obtained to start the CESTAFOUR study and an application to start the TRIFOUR study was submitted and approved by the Spanish authorities.
- Preclinical data were presented demonstrating the benefits of nadunolimab’s mechanism of action over blockade of IL-1β alone.
- The opposition against one of Cantargia’s European patents was rejected by the European Patent Office.
Significant events after the end of the period
- Nadunolimab received a positive opinion from the EMA on orphan drug status for the treatment of pancreatic cancer.
- The first patient was treated in CESTAFOUR.
- Progress in the manufacturing process development for CAN10 was reported and start of the first clinical study for CAN10 was adjusted to Q3 2022.
January - September 2021
- Net sales, SEK 0 (0) million
- Operating loss, SEK -264.5 (-117.5) million
- Loss after tax SEK -262.3 (-116.6) million
- Loss per share, before and after dilution, SEK -2.62 (-1.33)
- Equity/assets ratio, 91 (93) per cent
- Cash and cash equivalents, SEK 335.9 (282.0) million
- Short-term investments, SEK 312.0 (135.0) million
Third quarter 2021
- Net sales, SEK 0 (0)
- Operating loss, SEK -104.7 (-39.9) million
- Loss after tax, SEK -103.8 (-39.6) million
- Loss per share, before and after dilution, SEK -1.04 (-0.43)
In conjunction to the report, Cantargia invites investors, analysts, and media to an audiocast with teleconference (in English) on November 11, at 3:00 p.m. CET, where Göran Forsberg, CEO, and Bengt Jöndell, CFO, will present Cantargia and comment on the quarterly report for the period July – September 2021, followed by a Q&A-session.
The conference call can be followed at: https://tv.streamfabriken.com/cantargia-q3-2021.
To attend through telephone, please dial-in at one of the numbers below:
SE: +46 8 50558368
UK: +44 3333009267
The webcast will also be available on demand on Cantargia’s corporate website www.cantargia.com.
For further information, please contact
Göran Forsberg, CEO
Telephone: +46 (0)46-275 62 60
This is information that Cantargia AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.30 CET on November 11, 2021.
Cantargia AB (publ), reg. no. 556791-6019, is a biotechnology company that develops antibody-based treatments for life-threatening diseases and has established a platform based on the protein IL1RAP, involved in a number of cancer forms and inflammatory diseases. The main project, the antibody nadunolimab (CAN04), is being studied clinically in combination with chemotherapy or immune therapy with a primary focus on non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. Positive interim data from the combination with chemotherapy indicate stronger efficacy than would be expected from chemotherapy alone. Cantargia’s second project, the antibody CAN10, addresses treatment of serious autoimmune/inflammatory diseases, with initial focus on systemic sclerosis and myocarditis.
Cantargia is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CANTA). More information about Cantargia is available at www.cantargia.com.