Allenex jan-sep: 85,3 msek (71,2) net sales
Allenex interim report JANUARY – SEPTEMBER 2012
For the third quarter July - September
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to SEK 26.7 million (26.3), corresponding to a 1.5 percent increase compared to the same period last year. Sales were impacted by a negative currency effect of SEK 1.4 million compared to the year before, and the growth rate adjusted for currency effects is 6.8 percent.
- Operating income (EBIT) for the quarter was SEK 1.3 million (-0.2), with currency effects having a negative impact of SEK 2.6 million on results.
- Operating margin for the quarter was 4 percent (-1).
- Loss after tax for the quarter was SEK 1.8 million (-59.3).
- Loss per share for the quarter, basic and diluted, was SEK 0.01 (-0.96).
For the January – September period
- Net sales for the period amounted to SEK 85.3 million (71.2), corresponding to an increase of 20 percent compared to the same period last year (Olerup GmbH became a part of the group on June 1, 2011). Sales were impacted by a negative currency effect of SEK 1.1 million compared to last year.
- Operating income (EBIT) for the period was SEK 7.4 million (-12.1). The results were impacted by a negative currency effect of SEK 2.3 million.
- Operating margin for the period was 8 percent (-16).
- Loss after tax for the period was SEK 0.6 million (-432.9).
- Earnings per share for the period, basic and diluted, were SEK 0.00 (-6.96).
- Equity per share was SEK 1.79 (9.19) and the equity/assets ratio was 60 percent (36) percent at the period end.
Significant events in the third quarter
- Allenex, in collaboration with its local distributor in France, won a public tender offered by the French blood center organization (EFS). The estimated value of the tender for Allenex is SEK 6 million per year over a four year period (a total of SEK 24 million). As half of the laboratories covered by the tender are already clients today, the contract will entail a net effect or direct sales increase of around SEK 3 million per year (a total of SEK 12 million).
CEO Anders Karlsson’s comments on the third quarter 2012:
“Allenex continues to streamline its operations towards transplantation diagnostics. In the third quarter, we received good news that we had won a public tender bid in France with our SSP typing products. This is solid proof of the high quality and cost-effectiveness of our products. During the quarter, we also received our first orders for Conexio SBT. This introduction has gone slower than anticipated, but we now expect more as well as larger centers to follow suit. We also achieved further cost reductions in the third quarter, with lower costs internally and externally.”
For more information please contact:
Anders Karlsson, CEO Allenex AB, ph: +4670-918 00 10, e-mail: email@example.com
Yvonne Axelsson, CFO Allenex AB ph: +468-508 939 72, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Allenex AB discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act And/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on November 20, 2012, at 16.00 CET. Allenex is a life science-company that develops, manufacture, market and sell products for safer transplants of organs and bone marrow on the global market. Allenex is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm Small Cap (ticker: ALNX). 52 persons are employed in the Allenex group.