Press invitation: Children's Climate Conference 2015
Children of the world gather for climate summit in Sodertalje, Sweden . We would like to invite you to cover the Children's Climate Conference 25-28 November. 64 children from all the continents of the world will gather in Södertälje for this unique meeting. The purpose of the conference is to work together to create "the children's demands," a communiqué which will be presented to the world leaders at the climate summit COP21 in Paris.
Media are welcome to participate in the following program. Make sure to notify the press officer of your presence by Monday 23 November.
Thursday, November 26, City Hall Södertälje
• 09.15 The children will arrive in cortege at the City Hall in Södertälje. The Södertälje councilor, Boel Godner, will personally greet each child on the "green carpet".
• 09.30 Opening Ceremony: The children will present their demands on the world's leaders and sing the conference theme song, "The Next Generation Calls", together with the singer/artist Mariette.
• 10-12 The children will sign their own communiqué which will be presented during the COP21 in Paris on 3 December.
• 12-13 Press Lunch: Representatives of the conference will present a SIFO survey that shows children’s anxiety about climate change + the Swedes awareness of the COP21 meeting.
Persons available for interviews: Manager for the conference Anna Albinsson, Artist/singer Mariette, Director of Communication at Telge Energi Petra Hallebrant, Södertäljes municipal governor Boel Godner and WWF Sweden´s Senior Adviser Climate Innovation Stefan Henningsson.
• 13-14 Cooperation Minister, Isabella Lövin, will meet the children and listen to how the climate situation is in the children's home countries. Isabella Lövin will also talk about her own expectations for the COP21 meeting.
Friday, November 27, Ministry of Environment, Rosenbad
13-14 Environment and Deputy Prime Minister, Åsa Romson, has invited all delegates to the Ministry of Environment to take part in the children's communiqué.
November 27, The Royal Palace
15-16 The Royal Court has invited all the children for a visit to the Royal Palace in Stockholm
If you wish to interview the children participating in the conference, politicians or organizers, please inform the Press Officer in advance and we will arrange it in the best way.
Facts about Children's Climate Conference:
• What: Children from around the world gather to make their voice heard in the climate debate.
• Who: 64 children from 22 countries, ages 9-12 years. Host School: Blombacka School, Grade Four
• When: 25-28th of November. The main negotiations will take place on the 26th of November. Also participating are 400 middle school students from Sodertalje.
• Where: Sodertalje City Hall.
• Goal: Complete the communiqué "the children's demands”, which will personally be handed over to the world’s leaders at COP21 in Paris on 3 December.
• How: Fredrik Berling is hosting the conference on the 26th of November.
• Organizers: The conference is an initiative by Telge Energi and organized with the support of the City of Södertälje, Fryshuset, Globetree and WWF Sweden.
Pictures and movies about CCC15 are available, please contact the press officer.
For more information, please contact:
Jonna Holmgren, Press Officer CCC
Phone: 46 70 888 05 02
About Children´s Climate Conference
The Children´s Climate Conference is an initiative by Telge Energi and is arranged with support by the City of Södertälje, Fryshuset, Globetree and the World Wildlife Foundation WWF in Sweden. Between November 25-28, children in the age of 9-12 years from the whole world will meet in Södertälje, to discuss the climate challenge. The purpose of the conference is to give the children of the world a strong voice and to put pressure on the world’s leaders to reach an agreement at the UN Climate Summit (COP21). Read more: www.childrensclimateconference.org