Interim report Q3, July – September 2012
• Net sales for the quarter amounted to SEK 1,159m (1,124). Operating profit was SEK 90m (129).
• Underlying net sales decreased by 3.2 per cent, which was caused by weak market conditions.
• Items affecting comparability amounted to SEK –31m (–32), and consisted mainly of costs related to the integration process and costs arising from factory restructurings.
• Cash flow from operating activities reached SEK 58m (164). The decrease is primarily due to planned increase of inventories related to factory restructurings.
• Underlying EBITA amounted to SEK 128m (159). The decrease is primarily due to lower volumes, increased investment in the market and temporary costs within manufacturing.
• The integration process is continuing as planned. Staff reductions were carried out during the quarter.
• The factory restructurings are proceeding according to plan.
Jacob Broberg, Senior Vice President Corporate Communications and Investor Relations, +46 70-190 00 33
Danko Maras, Chief Financial Officer, +46 8-52 72 88 08
Cloetta, founded in 1862, is a leading confectionary company in the Nordic region, the Netherlands and Italy. In total, Cloetta products are sold in more than 50 countries worldwide. Cloetta owns some of the strongest brands on the market, such as Läkerol, Cloetta, Jenkki, Kexchoklad, Malaco, Sportlife, Saila, Red Band and Sperlari. Cloetta has 12 production units in six countries. Cloetta´s class B shares are traded on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.