Mall of Scandinavia – a new dimension in shopping
The Mall of Scandinavia grand opening will take place in the autumn of 2015. Today, Unibail-Rodamco is introducing the Mall of Scandinavia to the assembled press. With its ideal location and strong offer, Mall of Scandinavia will be a highly attractive destination for shopping and leisure in the Stockholm region.
The Mall of Scandinavia offers an high-level range of shops, restaurants and services, and will set a new standard for how shopping should be experienced. Here, shopping is combined with entertainment, restaurants, cinema and service in a way that is completely unique for the Swedish market.
- With the Mall of Scandinavia, Stockholm is finally getting a shopping experience of the highest international standard, says Lars-Åke Tollemark, Director of Operations Nordic, Unibail-Rodamco.
- Mall of Scandinavia has a unique location with outstanding accessibility by car, public transportation, by bike or by foot. The easy access is key in creating a pleasant and efficient customer journey, says Per Ronnevik, Director of Development Nordic, Unibail-Rodamco.
The Stockholm region is home to Sweden’s fastest-growing population. This trend is very strong in an international perspective as well – Stockholm is expected to grow 21.7% by 2030, as compared with 15.8% for London. Purchasing power is also expected to see strong growth: an increase of approximately SEK 67 billion is forecast for the period through 2025, representing 57% growth from current levels. The Mall of Scandinavia is located in the new Arena City district in Solna, the area of Stockholm that has the highest proportion of new inhabitants and that will develop into a natural extension of Stockholm’s inner city.
- International and national market players alike have expressed great interest in establishing themselves in a region like Stockholm, where population growth is strong – even in international comparisons, continues Mr Tollemark.
- Due to the powerful migration flow to the Stockholm region, the scope for new retail space will grow significantly during the next 15-20 years. This not only provides scope for more retail, it also requires an expansion of commerce to meet future demand, says Fredrik Kolterjahn of the Swedish Retail Institute.
Unibail-Rodamco has made major investments in design and architecture. Combined with the company’s long experience in creating an ideal customer experience, this will create a shopping destination that is different from anything you see today. Wingårdh Architects designed the interior, an exciting meeting place inspired by an international atmosphere and classic Scandinavian design. High environmental standards are incorporated into the creation of tomorrow’s shopping centre, and the goal is that the mall will be certified as “Excellent” under BREEAM and other standards.
- The development of Mall of Scandinavia is one of the largest projects in Sweden at the moment. It’s also a major Unibail-Rodamco project, with extremely ambitious requirements for the design and customer experience, says Per Ronnevik.
The Mall of Scandinavia experience begins the moment visitors walk through the door or drive into the garage. Convenient parking, both above and below the retail level, provides good flow through the entire mall and excellent accessibility for visitors. Unibail-Rodamco has also developed the ”Dining Experience” concept, highlighting the range of food and creating a central area in the mall – a differentiating combination of international and local concepts. Located side by side with first-class entertainment and with excellent transportation links, the Mall of Scandinavia will be an ideal place for shopping, entertainment and dining experiences.
|Facts in brief
For additional information, please contact:
Lars-Åke Tollemark, Director of Operations Nordic, Unibail-Rodamco
+46 (0)73 350 60 10, email@example.com
Per Ronnevik, Director of Development Nordic, Unibail-Rodamco
+46 (0)76 627 58 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
Created in 1968, Unibail-Rodamco SE is Europe’s largest listed commercial property company, with a presence in 12 EU countries, and a portfolio of assets valued at €34.6 billion as of December 31, 2014. As an integrated operator, investor and developer, the Group aims to cover the whole of the real estate value creation chain. With the support of its 2,085 professionals,Unibail-Rodamco applies those skills to highly specialised market segments such as large shopping centres in major European cities and large offices and convention & exhibition centres in the Paris region.
The Group distinguishes itself through its focus on the highest architectural, city planning and environmental standards. Its longterm approach and sustainable vision focuses on the development or redevelopment of outstanding places to shop, work and relax. Its commitment to environmental, economic and social sustainability has been recognised by inclusion in the DJSI (World and Europe), FTSE4Good and STOXX Global ESG Leaders indexes. The Group is a member of the CAC 40, AEX 25 and EuroSTOXX 50 indices. It benefits from an A rating from Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings. For more information, please visit our website: www.unibail-rodamco.com