Duni Group further strengthens its focus on the Duni and BioPak segments and creates two Business Areas
- The two brand segments are to form two Business Areas – Duni and BioPak – with responsibility for the whole value chain.
- Linus Lemark, currently EVP Commercial, will take over as EVP Business Area Duni.
- Mats Lindroth, currently EVP Finance & CFO, will take over as EVP Business Area BioPak.
- Magnus Carlsson, currently EVP Corporate Development, will take over as new EVP Finance & CFO.
- The current management functions in the areas of Operations, Marketing and Corporate Development will disappear, with responsibility being taken over by the respective new functions.
- Current Commercial regions will continue to be responsible for regional sales, reporting directly to the incoming President and CEO.
- The new organization is expected to come into force on January 1, 2021, when incoming President and CEO Robert Dackeskog takes up his position.
- These changes involve a one-off cost in Q4 of less than SEK 10 m and an annual saving of the corresponding amount.
In January 2020, a new organizational structure and financial segment reporting were presented, as an element of strengthening Duni Group’s strategy with a focus on creating the most attractive customer experience. Duni Group is now taking another step and strengthening the organization by moving from two brand segments to form two Business Areas: Duni and BioPak.
Magnus Carlsson new EVP Finance & CFO
Current EVP Finance & CFO Mats Lindroth will be taking over as EVP Business Area BioPak, while Magnus Carlsson, currently responsible for Corporate Development, will be the new EVP Finance & CFO. The Corporate Development department will cease to be a management function. The roles that currently fall under Corporate Development will continue to a large extent to report to Magnus Carlsson in his new function.
Two Business Areas – Duni and BioPak
Business Area Duni will be led by Linus Lemark, currently EVP Commercial, and will focus on the offering for table decorations and surrounding guest environment. Business Area BioPak will be led by Mats Lindroth and will focus on sustainable packaging solutions. The Business Areas will have a clear responsibility for the whole value chain. Operations will no longer be a separate management function, with responsibility instead falling within each Business Area. IT, which was previously part of Operations, will move to the Strategic Development department, which already has responsibility for digital development. The formation of two distinctive Business Areas means that the Group will no longer have a central marketing department, and Clas Thott, former EVP Marketing, has therefore left this role and the company.
One Commercial organization
The reorganization at the beginning of the year created a homogeneous Commercial organization, distributed over five regions. Each region is responsible for local sales and marketing of both brands, Duni and BioPak, to all customers. Regional Commercial Directors will report directly to incoming President and CEO Robert Dackeskog but will not be part of the management team. The same applies for the Logistics department. The Rest of World (RoW) region currently has a clear division between the Business Areas, so the role of Commercial Director RoW will change and responsibility for sales within the region will fall under each Business Area.
As of January 1, 2021, Duni Group’s management team and areas of responsibility will be organized as follows:
Costs and reporting
These changes involve a one-off cost in Q4 2020 of less than SEK 10 m and an annual saving of the corresponding amount. The annual saving creates scope for reinvestment in important areas such as sustainability and digitalization.
The current financial segment reporting remains unchanged.
For further information, please contact:
Mats Lindroth, Acting President and CEO, tel. +46 40 10 62 00,
Marielle Noble, EVP Strategic Development, IT & Communication, tel. +46 40 10 62 00
Duni Group is a market leader in attractive, sustainable and convenient products for table setting and take-away. The Group markets and sells two brands, Duni and BioPak, which are represented in more than 40 markets. Duni has some 2,400 employees in 24 countries, headquarters in Malmö and production units in Sweden, Germany, Poland, New Zealand and Thailand. Duni is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm under the ticker name “DUNI”. ISIN-code is SE 0000616716. Duni.com